I'm old today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm old today

As I sit here 3 weeks into a new job, drinking my coffee on my 40th birthday, I think back to the day is signed up for DFWstangs in 2001 because a coworker said it would help me fix up my new to me 1989 lx vert. I think about where I was in life on that day, what my goals where, and where that version of me may have thought I'd be today. Sitting at the parts manager's desk for a Malibu boats dealership down the hall from my two best friends since junior high and highschool one of them being the service manager and the other being the operations manager surely never crossed my mind.
    Here's to new beginnings and still having a full head of hair!

pour one out for my 30's fella's those days are done.

Get ready to fall apart!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Get ready to fall apart!
      been there done that.

Comment

When you realize your closer to death than to birth it's a rude awakening.

Then you'll just say fuck it and enjoy life.... doesn't matter your age.

Exercise and decent food eating only fountain of life.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Happy birthday homie, same as my wife's birthday too! I'm dumb, hers is tomorrow.
          Last edited by bird_dog0347; 10-21-2022, 04:03 PM.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I'm 45. Mentally, I feel 25. Physically, LOL.

I think back to when I was a kid and I thought my parents were old and my grandparents were ancient. Now I see things differently, knowing my dad was probably just like me at 45, still yearning to set the world on fire and leave his mark. Hell, my grandpa in his 70's probably was as well. It makes me view us "old guys" in a completely different light.

Comment

Congrats! We share the same birthday!! I turned 71. Getting old isn't for pussies!!
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Fucking punk ass kid.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Fucking punk ass kid.
                  Ha!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm 45 and feel great. Back into a somewhat active role where I'm not living behind a desk. Been trying to be consistent with walking and planning to start hitting the gym after some work travels.

I've managed to avoid most prescriptions short of allergy meds and heartburn. Keep stress in check and establish a very clear DGAF-wastegate that will blow off sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      I'm 45 and feel great. Back into a somewhat active role where I'm not living behind a desk. Been trying to be consistent with walking and planning to start hitting the gym after some work travels.
                      I took the new job specifically to get away from a desk. I have to walk a lot at the new job and can literally walk where ever I want and look at whatever I want anywhere on site. It's pretty sweet honestly. I try to take stairs instead of the elevators too. I will probably see 4 bangen again next spring at a rallycross, and he'll probably notice a difference.

In my experience though, no matter how old you are, old always seems to be 10 years older than you are. Old is at least partly a mental thing. Taking care of your body just gets more important as the years pile on.

Comment

happy birthday!! drink 40 beers or one Old English 40oz

Comment

Happy Birthday! The teenager in us could never imagine how life would be 30 years later. Enjoy good health and the people that you care about. In the end, it is what is most important.

Comment

damn....I've been on this board about 21 years now. Time flies.

Comment

HBD ya crazy bastage.

And yes, time flies, I completed 22 years this year and I've known some members longer . Back to 1998.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X