Well I feel much better now with Bidens speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    The laws aren't new, the TABC just started cashing in on it. Technically if you go to Oklahoma and bring back a case of beer (OKC has some awesome breweries) the state expects you to pay a tax on it. They clearly don't have the staffing to enforce roadways or the legal authority to stop someone.
    Oops. Every time I go to Colorado for work I bring home something i can't get here. I did confirm I can fit three 6-packs in my suitcase, as well as a few days worth of clothes, etc.

Any idea how high the tax would be if enforced?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      The laws aren't new, the TABC just started cashing in on it. Technically if you go to Oklahoma and bring back a case of beer (OKC has some awesome breweries) the state expects you to pay a tax on it. They clearly don't have the staffing to enforce roadways or the legal authority to stop someone.
      The addiction to fees and taxes is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Oops. Every time I go to Colorado for work I bring home something i can't get here. I did confirm I can fit three 6-packs in my suitcase, as well as a few days worth of clothes, etc.

Any idea how high the tax would be if enforced?
        $3.50 a case, which is the maximum the state allows. They reserve the right to destroy anything beyond that. Note the TABC took over federal enforcement, all of their rules where intended for international border crossings but the language reads as imported and doesn't specify what that means.

They clearly don't have the personnel to collect taxes on every car driving into the state, they can barely cover the cruise terminal and certainly not enough for airports and international crossings and I'm sure once they did someone would sue and get clarification on the language.

Just as an example of how they interpret the law though. If you fly to Houston from Toronto as a Canadian citizen and catch a cruise line shuttle directly from the airport to the terminal, and go back the same method they fully expect you to pay an import duty before setting foot on Texas soil. Even though you're getting into a shuttle back to an airport and will never have a chance to consume the alcohol in Texas, or really in the United States for that matter.

Comment

Working...
        X