I'm sad to say this place seems like it's dying a slow death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sad to say this place seems like it's dying a slow death

It was chugging along with occasional posts that got a lot of responses until the whole crash back in December or so...and then finally after much hope it came back....and seems like what little was keeping it going before the crash pretty much ended it.......we go for days with pretty much nothing....I watch for the Ukraine updates because I know people over there who are in the fight.....but it seems like it's pretty much done for Mustang or car interest. I can't be the only one who thinks this place is on life support? I would love for that to change. Met a lot of cool people here. Is it the cost of gas that killed us?

Still here, it’s the only forum I still regular. Everything/one seems to have gone to the social media platforms I think.. I don’t really do FB so this place is my online entertainment for the most part..
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I still keep posting my mustang build thread updates, but there isn't a ton to post at the moment. That will be a slow burn. I don't post a lot on any social media, but the only thing that I'm really thinking about today is The Ticket and how another good on-air (sort of) talent is leaving because Cumulus doesn't pay SHIT!
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Still check daily when slow at work but mostly lurk. Was some talk of sending a mass email out to let site members know the site is back up but don't think it has happened yet. Is needed IMO.

Sadly bringing/keeping a forum active is a losing battle in general these days.
        1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
        1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
        2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

This is still my home page.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            This is still my home page.
            That's some serious commitment there.

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
              Still check daily when slow at work but mostly lurk. Was some talk of sending a mass email out to let site members know the site is back up but don't think it has happened yet. Is needed IMO.

Sadly bringing/keeping a forum active is a losing battle in general these days.
              that mass email could 6 months before it gets done! the death of this site was because it took too long to get it back up and poor communication on Facebook letting us know what was going on with our beloved forum

Comment

The Canada collapse and mass exodus was epic but it sure didn't help. How many people DIDN'T make the transition over to the new site?

I've checked this forum multiple times daily since I joined but I hardly ever posted because I know no one here and it was always so cutthroat that you couldn't post anything without getting killed.

Now it's just a group of geriatrics that wish someone would give them a hug. LOL

Comment

Plenty of peeps come and go all day and night.
                  Just seems that no one posts. We may have talked about everything there is to talk about. I'll be here til they shut the lights off again. I will probably never join any of the big three SM sites, I really don't care to see what people are eating or where they are vacationing at...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Still here, still posting, still lurking.

Comment

I post my build threads here and come for the lolz it goes through waves of activity. this is a lull. I still like forums over social media sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I really don't care to see what people are eating or where they are vacationing at...
                        Fuck you that shit was good!!

"PSH!!!"

Comment

I check in every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Fuck you that shit was good!!

That right there is different, I mean the people on FB that post every meal they are eating.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              The Canada collapse and mass exodus was epic but it sure didn't help. How many people DIDN'T make the transition over to the new site?

I've checked this forum multiple times daily since I joined but I hardly ever posted because I know no one here and it was always so cutthroat that you couldn't post anything without getting killed.

Now it's just a group of geriatrics that wish someone would give them a hug. LOL
                              I tried to get the admin to send out a mass email but he wouldn't do it. I'm sure it would help. How many people that were here before the downtime, know it's back up?

Some marketing to attract some new people wouldn't hurt. Just mimic the garage journal.
                              Last edited by Gasser64; 05-21-2022, 11:56 PM.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X