X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    Did you guys even look at this link?

http://www.hardcore50racing.com/vbul...p/t-55314.html
    Did you see the common themes in that post?
    .700 lift solid roller
    5000+ stall (most were over 6k)
    Not a street car.

Comment

Because I'll be doing a dart block when I do this build. My $300 zex kit will far exceed my blocks capabilities.

I was clear in my first post that this wasn't something I planned on doing soon. You guys are making it seem like this is some large impossible feat, from what little research I've done it doesn't seem that hard as long as your car isn't heavy. My goal is sub 2600lb w/o driver.

Hell my 302 with a 150 May just get me where I want to be for a while, even faster if I go with a different cam.
      So a turbo or blower won't work with a dart block ?
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

• Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
        So a turbo or blower won't work with a dart block ?
        Yeah but now we are talking 6k in parts that won't work without another 10k in other parts lol.

First off, I would not use some raggity ass lame excuse of a turbo kit such as on3 or "Chinese turbo" fuck that, nope not even if it were free, I would sell that shit and pass it on the to the next poor bastard.

Now a kit from pony down would be more my style, or better yet drop my car off at a fabricators shop and have them build one for my car. Yeah the pony down kit I like is $5500 but it's well worth it with GOOD parts.

A blower isn't a bad idea, but it would have to be a good sized procharger to tailor a dart build.

The fact I alredy have a nitrous kit that is 200hp capable, I'm good to go until I can afford to build something stronger.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Yeah but now we are talking 6k in parts that won't work without another 10k in other parts lol.

First off, I would not use some raggity ass lame excuse of a turbo kit such as on3 or "Chinese turbo" fuck that, nope not even if it were free, I would sell that shit and pass it on the to the next poor bastard.

Now a kit from pony down would be more my style, or better yet drop my car off at a fabricators shop and have them build one for my car. Yeah the pony down kit I like is $5500 but it's well worth it with GOOD parts.

A blower isn't a bad idea, but it would have to be a good sized procharger to tailor a dart build.

The fact I alredy have a nitrous kit that is 200hp capable, I'm good to go until I
          can afford to build something stronger.

are you speaking from personal experience? have you ran both kits? i have had 3 on3 kits and one poneydown. the PD took almost 6 months to get and one header had a section of the collector not welded up. yep real quality stuff. on3 kit cant be touched for the price and ease of installation. is it the ultimate? by no means but dont jump on the band wagon when in fact the kit does work and work good. you are going to do what you want so knock yourself out. this goes back to when you first got on the site. ask for advice and then argue how your way is better based on your many years in the game....

Comment

• Originally posted by broke again View Post
            are you speaking from personal experience? have you ran both kits? i have had 3 on3 kits and one poneydown. the PD took almost 6 months to get and one header had a section of the collector not welded up. yep real quality stuff. on3 kit cant be touched for the price and ease of installation. is it the ultimate? by no means but dont jump on the band wagon when in fact the kit does work and work good. you are going to do what you want so knock yourself out. this goes back to when you first got on the site. ask for advice and then argue how your way is better based on your many years in the game....
            Just have friends that have the on3 and have had issues with the parts included and the internet is filled with fitment issues. I'm not one for out of the box turbo kits anyways.

My thread was asking about a radical sbf, and all I get is people arguing telling me how it won't be streetable and I should just go with boost instead.

That is not what I asked for, so why should I agree? Yeah man, I'm arguing because I don't give a damm about driveabilty as long as the bitch doesn't overheat and can run on pump gas if possible.

And for the record everyone on this site has said you won't run xx time, won't make xx power. And as stupid as it may be, I ran faster then I said I would and made what I said I would. I by no means think im smarter then anymore here, that's why I'm asking questions, obviously. But don't go and discredit me due to my age, or "how long I've been in the game". I've been around this stuff learning, listening and seeing it happen with my own eyes for about 15 years now. This shit isn't hard.
            Last edited by 91CoupeMike; 02-04-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Yep, and when you are done mike, maybe he ^^^ will let you have his screen name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                Yep, and when you are done mike, maybe he ^^^ will let you have his screen name.
                lol, exactly. if i had the all the money i spent over the last 30 years on cars i would be ready to retire instead of looking at another 20 years in the rat race. i have built every combo from a 289 to 520 bbf that made 900+ on motor as well as turbo ls and everything in between. he can certainly build what he wants but dont come asking for advice if you really dont want it.

Comment

• Want a high RPM screamer? Build a 289. Cobra Automotive has some bad ass builds, not 700hp but still. 8-9k rpm motors.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• now that you know it all, what's your plan of attack?

Comment

• Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
                      now that you know it all, what's your plan of attack?
                      Gt40p heads, explorer intake and a b303

Comment

• and ZEX!1

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
                            I didn't want to waste the more fortunates time. I don't want to fund any charities with information.

Comment

• Put a blower on a mildly built 347 and your there. Here's mine in my galaxie. It runs good, and I drive it everyday and makes way more power than my tires can hold

Originally posted by soap
                              i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

• i'm dating myself here, but the last thing i drove in 2000 was the last of the 18 degree 9-1 compression, 830 cfm carb stuff in a truck. We turned them well past 9K. It made 700+ hp, and a tad over 500 ft lbs at peak torque, which happened at 7600. I really think you would have to be a psycho to want to deal with that sort of engine on the street. They are like a light switch, nothing happens till about 5K, they literally will not quit missing and banging at a steady cruise below that range. I would highly recommend spending ALOT of money on and individual runner intake and efi to try to make some sort of drivable package........
                                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                                X