Who's voting out Cornyn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    They're endorsing Abbott? Gotta be fucking kidding me.
    I haven't had time to look too hard into the other candidates, but the fact they're endorsing him may indicate what he's running against.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      The real shame is the governor spot is going to come down to that shitbag Abbott versus Wendy "screwed my way through Harvard" Davis.

Honestly, I think Davis is the lesser of those two evils by a longshot.

Comment

Honestly, I think Davis is the lesser of those two evils by a longshot.
        Okay, let's not lose our fucking minds.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Okay, let's not lose our fucking minds.

Dead serious. If it comes down to those two I will not be voting for Abbott. What don't you like about Davis?

Comment

Dead serious. If it comes down to those two I will not be voting for Abbott. What don't you like about Davis?
            You mean other than the fact she's a gun grabber?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

She's a liberal democrat? Seriously? You think she's more likely to represent you?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                You mean other than the fact she's a gun grabber?
                That's a broad stroke.

While on the Fort Worth City Council, Davis supported gun restrictions, including for gun shows at city facilities.[58]

In 2011, she voted against a bill that authorizes concealed handgun permit holders to carry concealed handguns while on the campus of an institution of higher education.[59]

In 2013, she voted for a bill establishing certain tax exemptions for firearms manufacturers, along with a bill that authorizes certain university students to transport a licensed handgun or ammunition in a locked motor vehicle on a college or university campus.[59]

On February 6, 2014, she expressed support for a proposed open carry gun law in Texas, which is currently banned under Texas state law. The state senator from Fort Worth said such a law should allow private property owners to determine whether weapons could be openly carried on their property. She also said background checks and training requirements would "help ensure that only mentally stable, law-abiding citizens may carry, whether concealed or open."[60] She later said that she believes municipalities should be able to decide whether the proposed open carry and existing concealed carry laws should be used in their limits.[61]

(i know I know, it's wiki)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    She's a liberal democrat? Seriously? You think she's more likely to represent you?

More likely than Abbott? Yes.

Comment

Just did some more reading on Davis. Yeah, she doesn't have a great track record either. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a candidate that was a Libertarian that had a chance?

Comment

I'll be voting for stovall. Frankly, anybody but Cornyn. Hell, maybe even a dem. At least we won't be surprised when we find the knife in our back.

Comment

I don't like Abbott, but Davis is a disaster. Gratefully, the TX governor isn't as strong as the position in other states.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            I don't like Abbott, but Davis is a disaster. Gratefully, the TX governor isn't as strong as the position in other states.
                            Same way I feel.

Comment

On Davis i just have a real problem with voting for someone who can't get off the starting line of the race without lying.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Any liberal running in Texas is going to try and portray themselves as a conservative. It's the only way to get elected in this state. Once they have the office, they're just going to toe the liberal line.

Comment

Working...
                                X