Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    they are cheap enough now days .

financially prudent. Cheap is such an ugly word....

Comment

but it fits me well .

Comment

Beautiful day yesterday. Jade and I decided to tackle some instant gratification beautification by cleaning and painting the inner fender area and front of the radiator support. My plan was to spend a few hours of dirty work and be able to walk away with some clean progress. Underside of the floor is next to get this treatment, so I wanted to go for something a little easier to help motivate the kiddo. She's fun to work on cars with. Doesn't complain about the work and finds deep satisfaction in making progress. We were also able to preserve some of the original assembly line marks, which is fun.

We'll do the inside of the shock towers when we replace the suspension, and same story with the engine bay when we pull the driveline. Baby steps.

Comment

That's so cool man. my kid isn't into my buick enough to want to help on it. She's crazy about her sports and that's how we bond. I'd love to find a car she'd be down to wrench on though. Savor every moment, you're a lucky dad.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            That's so cool man. my kid isn't into my buick enough to want to help on it. She's crazy about her sports and that's how we bond. I'd love to find a car she'd be down to wrench on though. Savor every moment, you're a lucky dad.
            I am man, savoring every bit.

I think the key to getting the kid involved is to buy her a car when she's 13, lol. She's helped with my car some, but she's definitely more into "Billie Jean" since it's hers.

She named it that because that was the first song on the radio when we hopped in the truck to tow it home. Thought that was kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              I am man, savoring every bit.

I think the key to getting the kid involved is to buy her a car when she's 13, lol. She's helped with my car some, but she's definitely more into "Billie Jean" since it's hers.

She named it that because that was the first song on the radio when we hopped in the truck to tow it home. Thought that was kinda cool.
              That is cool, my kid insists that she's getting my 16 GT as her first car. I just lagh and ask her how she's going to pay the insurance as a 16yo girl with a sports car.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                That is cool, my kid insists that she's getting my 16 GT as her first car. I just lagh and ask her how she's going to pay the insurance as a 16yo girl with a sports car.
                Yeah, screw all that. This car will sound fast, not be authentically fast.

Comment

girl I knew growing up had a 65 mustang that was turd slow when she or a friend drove it but hauled ass when her dad was behind the wheel. Never could figure out how he did it until many years later when I ended up working for him. We where bull shitting to pass the time on a road trip and I finally asked about what the heck he'd done to detune it. he laughed hysterically then informed me all he did was put half a golf ball under the gas pedal.

Comment

LOL! That's a little bit genius. Note taken.

Comment

Awesome man, I have a number of 65/66 take off parts if yall start needing anything.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                        Awesome man, I have a number of 65/66 take off parts if yall start needing anything.
                        Sweet! I do have a list. Off the top of my head, I need headlight doors and quarter extensions. I have chromed (?) versions that came with it, but I'd rather paint over the regular pot metal finish.

Let me know what else you might have.

Comment

i know where you can find a nice stock steering wheel .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            i know where you can find a nice stock steering wheel .
                            Thankfully we have that one sorted. The one that came with her car was pretty beat up, but the stock wheel that I no longer use on the fastback is in good shape.

Comment

At some point in this car's life, the driver's rear corner got squished. It's not major, but the buckles in that corner and a trashed tail light panel make it so the quarter extension doesn't fit right. I've been working on making this deal happen for the last few weeks, and yesterday, I was finally able to spend a couple hours with a sawzall and grinder to secure this. It'll be really nice to graft in this corner without having to piece it all together.

Comment

Looks like a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X