Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some before powder coat pics.

In other news:
    New and improved condensor, okay it is just one out of a '97 cobra will be here tomorrow. I found a great little accumulator/dryer that I think will work and a line block for the back of the compressor that will let me make my own lines out of compression fittings. I am just gonna mock them up myself and have Kim's crimp and test them for me.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Don't use Doc's Blocks. Bunch of assholes and half the shit on their site is back ordered (of coarse you don't realize that until days after you put in your order). If I were you I'd take the stock hose ends and have Kim's make the lines the right lengths. Cheapest and easiest method.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        Don't use Doc's Blocks. Bunch of assholes and half the shit on their site is back ordered (of coarse you don't realize that until days after you put in your order). If I were you I'd take the stock hose ends and have Kim's make the lines the right lengths. Cheapest and easiest method.
        Thanks for the heads up on Doc's Blocks. I did have to google it though and I am disappointed they are not reliable. He has tons of exactly what I need.

I have a couple other sources to pour over though. The big thing is learning a whole other system of fitting sizes, line types, etc. "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Thanks for the heads up on Doc's Blocks. I did have to google it though and I am disappointed they are not reliable. He has tons of exactly what I need.

I have a couple other sources to pour over though. The big thing is learning a whole other system of fitting sizes, line types, etc. "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind.
          Ya, this is why I ended up having them made vs. aluminum brazing them myself. Since I had all the right ends I just had him put the metal to rubber hose ends on them and cut/crimp the right length of hose to each line. Been about a year now since I had them made and the system is still working great. Only issue I have fought is the added heat of the AC and turbo taking its toll on the cooling system.

Comment

• My order with Docs Blocks was going to like 200 bucks with me making the lines, through Kim's it was like 100 Parts/labor!

Comment

My order with Docs Blocks was going to like 200 bucks with me making the lines, through Kim's it was like 100 Parts/labor!
              I am going to swing by Kim's in the morning with my major parts and see what he can do for ends and solutions to my needs.

Comment

I am going to swing by Kim's in the morning with my major parts and see what he can do for ends and solutions to my needs.
                Just make sure you have all the ends you need. Hit up the junk yard if you are missing anything. The guy at Kim's is pretty unexciteable so don't expect him to come up with solutions (plus his English is not so bueno)

Comment

Just make sure you have all the ends you need. Hit up the junk yard if you are missing anything. The guy at Kim's is pretty unexciteable so don't expect him to come up with solutions (plus his English is not so bueno)
                  This has been my experience as well. "Quey?"

Comment

Junkyards should be my first stop then. I have nothing but Ford push lock factory stuff going on but I am going to need #6,8,10 threaded stuff to make this work.

Comment

Junkyards should be my first stop then. I have nothing but Ford push lock factory stuff going on but I am going to need #6,8,10 threaded stuff to make this work.
                      Nice thing is most Chevy stuff is universal between cars and I'm sure ford is the same way. There is a good yard off Elliot reader road in east ft worth.

Comment

Nice thing is most Chevy stuff is universal between cars and I'm sure ford is the same way. There is a good yard off Elliot reader road in east ft worth.
                        I just looked them up. Thanks. If I find a drier that works, I will be getting a NEW one but a used one will come in handy mocking it up. I figured take a sawsall and hit the pick and pull for lines and connectors.

I need to pick up the new condensor tomorrow morning and start getting it in place to see how I need to run the lines.

There is no room left where the old drier went so we need to find a inside the fenderwell solution. Getting from the evaporator/firewall to the drier maybe the hardest part.

Here is the block I am going to come off the compressor with.

You can see here how much room that block will give me over the prebuilt combo lines.

Sites for weld on fittings also.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Pulled the bumper cover and pass. fender today to start installing the a/c and for the other changes. Before the Power Tour at the end of the month I need to get the a/c in and working, move breathers and the air pump to the back of the car, move the oil filter to the frame rail under the driver's feet, install oil cooler and plumb, install a new power steering cooler and plumb, and a few other changes.

Today I got the air filter in.

The huge strap/hose clamp is there to keep it from bouncing all over the place. It is actually pretty solid now.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 05-20-2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Quit tearing your car apart!
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Quit tearing your car apart!
                              Only doing what needs to be done. A few hours here and there and we will be back on the road in no time.

Comment

Only doing what needs to be done. A few hours here and there and we will be back on the road in no time.
                                Are you going to make it out to the cruise?

Comment

Working...
                                X