• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL
    Famous last words.

David

Comment

• Keith, if you want to run some beads in that sheet metal for the box let me know. I have a powered bead roller that will do the job. It is super heavy though so you'll have to bring the parts to me.

Looks great!
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        This thread makes me never want to start a project.

Good work, though.
        no joke man.... I would've listed all the parts and the car in the classifieds after about 3 months in.

the work looks freaking awesome though.

Comment

• Really nice. Congrats.

Comment

• Got the radiator and fan combo to work with the headlight panel. Actually trimmed the headlight panel down to clear the fan. Bumper cover fits as is and will fit better once the core supports get cut and the radiator drops down an inch.

Oil cooler needs to move up at least an inch to an inch and a half. It all clears now but would work better further away from the ground

Found a good location for the oil filter/housing.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• My GT500 hood vent will be here tomorrow so I can measure out the hood and get to cuttin.

Comment

• Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

• It will sit right at the end of the panel between the pulleys.

Comment

• I think where you have the filter located is going to make a huge mess on the radiator and whatever is below it. I'd either mount it true vertical or not over the radiator, if it were me. With as much work as you're putting into the car I think it would be nothing for you to bend up a small lifter bracket and TIG it to the radiator.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        I think where you have the filter located is going to make a huge mess on the radiator and whatever is below it. I'd either mount it true vertical or not over the radiator, if it were me. With as much work as you're putting into the car I think it would be nothing for you to bend up a small lifter bracket and TIG it to the radiator.
                        It took me a second to figure out which filter you were talking about. Yes, the oil filter will be true vertical and mounted to the flashing/frame rail. If it is any conciliation this housing is similar to BMW, Mercedes, etc in that the filter top cap unscrews to allow the filter to be pulled out and replaced (in my case, cleaned). Yes there will be a chance for a little oil to come up over the top but I will just have to wrap it with a few rags.

I am not sure if I want to mount it directly to the radiator or the frame rail....but the radiator would be easiest to have a stand tig welded up when we do all the other mods to it as well.

Comment

Comment

• Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Are you going to flush fit the heat extractor or just bolt it to the hood?
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                                Are you going to flush fit the heat extractor or just bolt it to the hood?
                                Here are some more pics of the work....and it was fucking work. I spent hours measuring and squaring only to have the best laid plan tossed out the window when the final fitment started. I came 1/8" from fucking it up at one point.

No way I could have cut it still on the car.

Hindsight, I would have covered the entire hood in tape and done the cutting outside the garage.

I did atleast finish it up in the sun outside.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                                Are you going to flush fit the heat extractor or just bolt it to the hood?
                                There is a single stud and two pressure locks that hold it down in the back and it uses a lip in the front. There is also a cushion trim tape all round the back and sides.. However the factory hood is too thick in material for the lip to work 100%.

I just got back from HD with some stainless #6 machine screws with flat allen heads that match the Aerocatch latches. The screws can be counter-sunk and I picked up a #6 countersinking tool too.
                                Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-11-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X