What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
    All of the time and money you have spent on this build and it has been ruined by that front license plate. lol
    Was there when I bought it. I wished it wasn't there.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
      Bad ass!

Love the BOV sound.
      Thanks. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

Comment

• Awesome! So close.

Comment

• Originally posted by EW View Post
          Awesome! So close.
          Thanks Eric. Hopefully I can be on the road in a month or so with it running 100%. Right now I am picking through the list of little things I need to address first.

Hell, I might make a trip to Saginaw for gas tomorrow to see how it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Thanks Eric. Hopefully I can be on the road in a month or so with it running 100%. Right now I am picking through the list of little things I need to address first.

Hell, I might make a trip to Saginaw for gas tomorrow to see how it does.
            a trip to saginaw, lol. you make it sound so far away

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              a trip to saginaw, lol. you make it sound so far away
              It is. Like 7 miles one way. I think I am going to data log and ice the water tank on the return trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                OMG..... that is awesome!!!! congrats, bud!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  OMG..... that is awesome!!!! congrats, bud!
                  Thanks man.

I have a few things to fix though.
                  New autometer oil temp gauge is bad. So I need to pull the cluster and the gauge to send off for warranty.
                  Replace headlight switch rod/knob
                  Move the mufflers back and build flow tubes
                  Raise the coil overs a turn or two. Sits just a bit too low.
                  Retro all the exterior lights to LEDs.
                  Replace the hydraulic rams for the convertible roof
                  Few other things. Then by then I should be ready for some tuning

Comment

• Well this can't be right.

I can only think that it is just a bad gauge. Not like you can screw up the wiring and sending unit for a 2-wire ohms resistance gauge.

Meanwhile I installed these today. 6,000 lumens led headlights.

Also put in some led marker/turn signal lights. They are so much brighter than bulbs.

Built the flow tubed to move the mufflers back. As soon as I can get them welded I can build hangers and work on tailpipes.

Comment

• Nice, interested to see how you like the led headlights. We put a set in my friends 97 Ranger. 1 beam shines nicely (low I believe) and the other scatters the light pretty bad. He had similar issues with his HIDs. I believe his is the housing design. Aftermarket 1 piece headlamp and corners.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                        Nice, interested to see how you like the led headlights. We put a set in my friends 97 Ranger. 1 beam shines nicely (low I believe) and the other scatters the light pretty bad. He had similar issues with his HIDs. I believe his is the housing design. Aftermarket 1 piece headlamp and corners.
                        I am using the factory housings. The Cobra came with a clear headlight. Just an inside the garage test, they look multiple times better than before. I am sure I am going to have to aim them again though.

Comment

• Where did you get the LED setup?

Comment

• I've thought of getting the LED headlights for mine from superbrightleds.com
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MOR4DEQ[/ame]

...and Late Model Restoration fir the corner lights.
                              Originally posted by Jmd View Post
                              Where did you get the LED setup?
                              Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              I've thought of getting the LED headlights for mine from superbrightleds.com

Comment

• I put the Oracle (chinese generic) LED bulbs in my 2006 F150. They are ok. I would much rather do a legit HID conversion. The LED lights do illuminate every reflective item on both sides of the road about 100' out left or right of the truck but straight down the road is soso. They do cause noise through FM when on and I can hear the vibration (humming)from the fan built into the bulb housing when the lights are on but the engine is off. Brighter than stock, ok for the money I guess, but I need to get off my ass and build a real HID set.

Comment

Working...
                                X