X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I supply insurance products and insurance product accessories

~Hank Hill er... Kim
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by realestVIN7 View Post
      Wouldn't make much, if any. I'm a mechanical engineering major at UNT. I'm throwing in the towel with that major for now. Unless you don't have a job/friends and can load up on courses through the regular semesters, winter minimester, and summer minimesters, you might be able to do it in 3-4 years. If you actually want to "enjoy" engineering as your major, you need to take it a little slower, because you'll get burned out. Unless you're just weird and love intense pressure from difficult physics, chemistry, calculus classes, etc.
      This.

An engineering degree in 4 years is purely a matter of attrition if you do it all on the up and up - actually learning the material and not taking short cuts. It's about getting through it before the curriculum beats you down. It's hard and grueling work, and that's why an engineering degree for most people, even at a full time pace, takes about 5 years.

May I ask why you are throwing in the towel on the BSME?
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• I work for QuikTrip as a driver. No real hook ups. Sorry
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
          This.

An engineering degree in 4 years is purely a matter of attrition if you do it all on the up and up - actually learning the material and not taking short cuts. It's about getting through it before the curriculum beats you down. It's hard and grueling work, and that's why an engineering degree for most people, even at a full time pace, takes about 5 years.

May I ask why you are throwing in the towel on the BSME?
          I've always hated math. Lol. I can tell you why things work, what will work, prove why things work, and apply science in the real world. Just don't like all the BS math that it takes on paper. I've got the mindset. I've figured out that I just like to work hands-on, and like to build/fabricate things. I have a mechanically solid, and engineering mind. I have my whole life ever since I was a kid. Don't get me wrong, I truly love all the science that goes along with it, but I actually just enjoy putting ideas into action.

Comment

• I manage a loss mitigation team @ a mortgage company and in my spare time I run a beastiality website.
            Last edited by VaderTT; 11-17-2010, 04:16 PM.
            Ded

Comment

I've always hated math. Lol. I can tell you why things work, what will work, prove why things work, and apply science in the real world. Just don't like all the BS math that it takes on paper. I've got the mindset. I've figured out that I just like to work hands-on, and like to build/fabricate things. I have a mechanically solid, and engineering mind. I have my whole life ever since I was a kid. Don't get me wrong, I truly love all the science that goes along with it, but I actually just enjoy putting ideas into action.
              That would do it. Especially when it gets as abstract as it does at that level. I love math, and I always hated that everything was so purely theoretical and math oriented when what I really wanted was to dig into practical stuff.

My sister is the same way as you've described yourself. She's working on her A&P license now because she didn't want to get so involved in the math and preferred to be hands on. I think it was a good choice for her.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
                That would do it. Especially when it gets as abstract as it does at that level. I love math, and I always hated that everything was so purely theoretical and math oriented when what I really wanted was to dig into practical stuff.

My sister is the same way as you've described yourself. She's working on her A&P license now because she didn't want to get so involved in the math and preferred to be hands on. I think it was a good choice for her.
                I've had to take semesters off because of numerous unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances. So that just added to the difficulty in staying with it. My most recent time out of school was a blessing, however, when my baby girl was born. She's 7 months old now, and I'm a stay-at-home dad until I can find a good job again.

Comment

• Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
                  What equipment do you use on that? RED
                  We shoot on P2s, and the antiquated Sony SX.

Comment

I've had to take semesters off because of numerous unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances. So that just added to the difficulty in staying with it. My most recent time out of school was a blessing, however, when my baby girl was born. She's 7 months old now, and I'm a stay-at-home dad until I can find a good job again.
                    Life has a funny way of complicating college, but then it isn't the end all, be all. Sounds like you got better things to occupy your time now anyway. Congrats on the baby girl. :smile:
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• I work for Budweiser, No hook up though

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                        A-gang, otherwise known as the guys you do NOT want to piss off.
                        The legend is greatly exaggerated to say the least.

On the USS Michigan in Aux Machinery 1 (A gang heaven), there was a lil brass propeller in the floor and yellow lettering that said "A" above and Below "GANG."

One day while bored and on my way back to the engineroom where the real mechanics work and make water so you won't die, I found some yellow stickies tape and scissors. A little work, and we had "GAY GANG" in the middle of the floor in Aux Machinery One.

I'm still alive .

Comment

• I do State Inspections

Comment

Wouldn't make much, if any. I'm a mechanical engineering major at UNT. I'm throwing in the towel with that major for now. Unless you don't have a job/friends and can load up on courses through the regular semesters, winter minimester, and summer minimesters, you might be able to do it in 3-4 years. If you actually want to "enjoy" engineering as your major, you need to take it a little slower, because you'll get burned out. Unless you're just weird and love intense pressure from difficult physics, chemistry, calculus classes, etc.
                            Mechanical engineers are the lowest paid of engineers it seems. All the manufacturing went over seas.

I took 5 years, but I worked every summer and christmas break.

If you want to get a degree in engineering after all and make some decent coin, I can help you out. You can do it with a ME degree but other degrees make it even easier.

Comment

• I get paid to make up a bunch of bullshit and travel too much.

Oh, and I'm really good at drinking whiskey.

Call me.

Comment

Translated:

I'm lazy and dont want to put in the work it takes to get the degree so I will settle for some dead end job in construction...my ultimate goal is to get to Project Manager...that's where the big bucks start rolling in.

Comment

Working...
                                X