Do we still own stangs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    Spoiler alert... it wasn't/isn't for sale. It's off to get stripped to bare metal, the driver's rear fender replaced, the roof cut off and converted to T-Tops, painted to perfection then I'll get it back in 18-24 months I think.
    My man with the cowskin rugs!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
      My man with the cowskin rugs!
      Nope, had to sell the rugs to afford this.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Spoiler alert... it wasn't/isn't for sale. It's off to get stripped to bare metal, the driver's rear fender replaced, the roof cut off and converted to T-Tops, painted to perfection then I'll get it back in 18-24 months I think.
        Well that’s a breath of fresh air. If you do however want to sell… :-D. Although I’m sure there’s a waiting list. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          I've had an 18 Camaro 1SS, a 21 GT Premium, and now a 17 Challenger Scat Pack.

To me, they represent three different era's in muscle cars. The Challenger is the 60's, big, comfortable, unapologetic, and bone crushing acceleration in a straight line. It's by far my favorite out of the three.

The Camaro is the early 00's. Great looks, light weight, fast as shit, an absolute riot to drive, but it feels cheap as all hell on everything. I was rubbing a hole in the floor mat at 11K miles and had a tear in the weatherstripping.

The Mustang is the modern era. It feels more like a luxury sports coupe than a muscle car. Think an evolution on the Mark VIII. Quiet, refined, loaded with features, and extremely well mannered. It has power, but it's hidden up around 4K RPM. Simply put, it's boring to drive.
          I could not own a Camaro. But your thoughts and opinion is spot on with my take on them all. Love my Challengers. I would really like to buy a Charger widebody but we already have more cars than we need. I lived the majority of my life that way and I am all about simplifying things. About 2015, I just got tired of the work and hassle of keeping up a personal fleet. Always chasing parts or pieces. Now I buy a car I like and don’t worry about all the other stuff. It’s kind of nice not constantly searching for something I like better or have to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            Well that’s a breath of fresh air. If you do however want to sell… :-D. Although I’m sure there’s a waiting list. Lol
            Yeah, not planning on selling it, and there really isn't a line for it... but if I ever do sell it when it's done getting painted it will be a big number.

Stevo

Comment

Very nice, that estimated time is about right, most shops have a "Get to it" area that they address when the shop gets slow. Though that looks like a nice project and I can't wait to see the finished product.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                I could not own a Camaro. But your thoughts and opinion is spot on with my take on them all. Love my Challengers. I would really like to buy a Charger widebody but we already have more cars than we need. I lived the majority of my life that way and I am all about simplifying things. About 2015, I just got tired of the work and hassle of keeping up a personal fleet. Always chasing parts or pieces. Now I buy a car I like and don’t worry about all the other stuff. It’s kind of nice not constantly searching for something I like better or have to have.
                Only reason I got the Camaro was because it was the middle ground. Cheaper than the Challenger and better looking than the Mustang. I wound up loving the platform and the drivetrain, but hating how cheap it was.

I am with you on getting something you like and screwing the rest. I tried going back to a C5 vette and I couldn't do it, car didn't last 3 months. Just my challenger and my 69 Buick now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Very nice, that estimated time is about right, most shops have a "Get to it" area that they address when the shop gets slow. Though that looks like a nice project and I can't wait to see the finished product.
                  The time frame is more about letting the primer fully cure for 6-10 months as well before the paint goes on it as it will shrink as it cures and can make the paint on top look bad after a few years if done too soon. That and they are pretty busy too, but you can check out the quality of work by looking up K and K Mustangs on facebook or the gram.
                  K and K Custom Mustangs, Sweetwater, Tennessee. 1,865 likes ? 4 talking about this. Paint, body, interior, engine builds. Custom shaved engine bays, wire hiding, custom upholstery.

Stevo

Comment

The time frame is more about letting the primer fully cure for 6-10 months as well before the paint goes on it as it will shrink as it cures and can make the paint on top look bad after a few years if done too soon. That and they are pretty busy too, but you can check out the quality of work by looking up K and K Mustangs on facebook or the gram.
                    https://www.facebook.com/kandkcustommustangs/
                    They do some top quality work there as evident by their pics. That Coyote swapped Fox is kick ass!

I can understand letting primer cure, but the newer catalyzed primer surfacer and sealers don't require that kind of curing time, unless they are using the older lacquer based primer, but I didn't think they made that anymore.
                    Eh, I've been out if the collision repair business for almost 10 years, but I do know that shrinkage on metal work that requires lots of plastic work (bondo fillers) does need to sit for a number of days.
                    Hard to argue when you see their work tho and you sending it across the country speaks volumes.
                    I can't wait to see it when it gets back.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      They do some top quality work there as evident by their pics. That Coyote swapped Fox is kick ass!

I can understand letting primer cure, but the newer catalyzed primer surfacer and sealers don't require that kind of curing time, unless they are using the older lacquer based primer, but I didn't think they made that anymore.
                      Eh, I've been out if the collision repair business for almost 10 years, but I do know that shrinkage on metal work that requires lots of plastic work (bondo fillers) does need to sit for a number of days.
                      Hard to argue when you see their work tho and you sending it across the country speaks volumes.
                      I can't wait to see it when it gets back.
                      Yeah, and I'm also leaving time to save more money if we find other problems or if plans change here and there... I'm told it should be under $15k for all of it, but I always bet the over on this type of thing. I've got the $15k set aside for it, but who knows. They also have many customers and are never slow... I've been on the wait list to get in since last May.

Check out how he did his own personal T-Top conversion and the OCD type work in one of his threads here (he has like 23ish personal Mustangs of this caliber or in the works to get there). https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...h-build.918378

Stevo

Comment

I'm still rocking my 2013. Turned 150k the other day. 2 Waterpumps and a couple hoses and that is it. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and it has the Ford Racing Cam tune as well. What a great platform! Capturecandy.jpg

Comment

Yeah, and I'm also leaving time to save more money if we find other problems or if plans change here and there... I'm told it should be under $15k for all of it, but I always bet the over on this type of thing. I've got the $15k set aside for it, but who knows. They also have many customers and are never slow... I've been on the wait list to get in since last May.

Check out how he did his own personal T-Top conversion and the OCD type work in one of his threads here (he has like 23ish personal Mustangs of this caliber or in the works to get there). https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...h-build.918378
                          I misunderstood and thought you sold it. Glad to see that K and K will be doing this over for you. He does fantastic work and will completely transform this into something that you may not want to drive for fear of a scratch. Excellent news!

Comment

This place will always have stang on the name just like 7-11 will always be called 7-11.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                              I misunderstood and thought you sold it. Glad to see that K and K will be doing this over for you. He does fantastic work and will completely transform this into something that you may not want to drive for fear of a scratch. Excellent news!
                              Yeah, I was setting it up like I was ditching it but spilled the beans here early. Stangnet still doesn't know and thinks it is just gone.

Stevo

Comment

Yeah, I was setting it up like I was ditching it but spilled the beans here early. Stangnet still doesn't know and thinks it is just gone.
                                You had me going. He's pretty good about documentation & pictures. Hopefully there will be plenty of that as the work gets started on yours. It would be cool to see

Comment

Working...
                                X