2v Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2v Cams

Looking to get some stage 2 cams installed on my 04 2v...anyone here work on these cars that can do the job? Not looking to pay race shop prices....dam inflation killing me.
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
    Looking to get some stage 2 cams installed on my 04 2v...anyone here work on these cars that can do the job? Not looking to pay race shop prices....dam inflation killing me.
    I know that HPP who is now in Garland is probably the most affordable and reliable shop there is locally that I would trust with indexing your cams and doing the job right.

Now just an FYI that job also consists of replacing your timing chain guides (4 of them) and depending on miles your chains too. And most of the time you will need cam bearings (not included with the cams) and the associated front cover & valve gaskets and R&R'ing all of the accessories in front of the timing chain cover and you will probably need a tune as well.
    Sometimes people that buy a pair of cams (or quad cams for DOHC) get an estimate from a shop and think the price to do the job is outrageous, but there's a lot more involved in replacing a 2v/4v Mod motor Cams than it is to replace a SBF/SBC cam...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Good info H...yeah have all components for the cams...Motor has low miles but will look into other parts to see what else needs changed.
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
        Good info H...yeah have all components for the cams...Motor has low miles but will look into other parts to see what else needs changed.
        One other consideration, depending on which cams you go, you have to watch PTV clearance with stock heads. Factory valves have a huge lip and you run out of clearance quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
          One other consideration, depending on which cams you go, you have to watch PTV clearance with stock heads. Factory valves have a huge lip and you run out of clearance quickly.
          CC Stage 2 so looks like they will clear with factory PI heads

Comment

Is HPP still scheduling months out in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              Is HPP still scheduling months out in advance?
              Yes, at least last I heard they were. I guess it depends on what you want done, Manny does the dyno tuning, so hes out several weeks usually, but since its not race season, you might catch him up there to get something done.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
              X