Question on Body Fat and my workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I try to rotate my cardio between running, biking and boxing so I can get 5-6 days of cardio in a week. It gets tough when you get older because of the exact pains you're talking about...its your typical overuse injury. If you're at a size 32 then you're pretty trim so I don't know if you really need that much cardio.
    For me it's a torn meniscus. Doc says it isn't bad enough to get surgery and I should do physical therapy instead. He also said I have a birth defect in the both meniscus are crescent moon shaped instead of a horseshoe. That explains A LOT of the issues I had as a kid.

Physical Therapy really helped a lot but I kinda slacked off those specific exercises. I'm getting back into it though. It didn't help that, on my last bootcamp, I went all frackin' out on the running part. I was sprinting at 11mph at certain points of the interval runs. I think that was a no go and I should probably hold my max speed to 8mph.

Comment

Post up those results boy! Let's see how well you control that metabolic water!
      yeah, no.

C'mon man, it ain't that bad. Sack up and get rid of that gut you know you don't like having. You'll feel a lot better after the fasts, I promise. Better than you've felt in years I'd wager. I know I did. Quit being a pussy. DO IT...
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        yeah, no.

C'mon man, it ain't that bad. Sack up and get rid of that gut you know you don't like having. You'll feel a lot better after the fasts, I promise. Better than you've felt in years I'd wager. I know I did. Quit being a pussy. DO IT...
        Starving yourself like a teenage girl is not "Sacking up"...its called anorexia. Its way harder to eat a consistent and clean diet than it is to just not eat.

Comment

Starving yourself like a teenage girl is not "Sacking up"...its called anorexia. Its way harder to eat a consistent and clean diet than it is to just not eat.

Oh man. You don't know jack dick about fasting, do you? I mean I'm not a biologist but shit man.

Even forgetting all that ... You know what, never mind. I could educate you, I really want to but I'm just going to resist. Maybe you're just a stealth troll, always a possibility. So there's not much point. Carry on.

Or you could admit that you got too much bitch in ya to skip a meal. That's probably it.
          Last edited by Gasser64; 04-17-2020, 06:43 AM.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Oh man. You don't know jack dick about fasting, do you? I mean I'm not a biologist but shit man.

Even forgetting all that ... You know what, never mind. I could educate you, I really want to but I'm just going to resist. Maybe you're just a stealth troll, always a possibility. So there's not much point. Carry on.

Or you could admit that you got too much bitch in ya to skip a meal. That's probably it.
            1 - Everyone on this forum knows you don't know what you're talking about except you.

2 - I am and have always been in better shape than you in the 17 years I've been on this forum.

3 - the science you think you know is far from having the benefits you think it has. You were once preaching about drinking the same snake oil that the rest of you quitters posted about.

Comment

1 - Everyone on this forum knows you don't know what you're talking about except you.

2 - I am and have always been in better shape than you in the 17 years I've been on this forum.

3 - the science you think you know is far from having the benefits you think it has. You were once preaching about drinking the same snake oil that the rest of you quitters posted about.

1. Wrong...

2. Wrong. Well maybe for a 4 year period, but certainly not now. I still doubt it though.

3. Wrong again.

So tripple wrong, in typical ruffdaddy fashion. Just stop being a pussy, and do something good for yourself. Learn something new. Trust me bro, the benefits are very nice. I would say to ask the other members here who also learned how to do it, but I have a feeling that you're waaay too dense to actually learn anything from that.
              WH

Comment

Alright, weight is headed back in the right direction. Definitely was too many carbs.

BTW, pan fried green beans is the best. Especially when going with a steak..

Comment

Back below 185lbs. Weighed in at 183.4 this morning.

Damn knees are acting up still so no running for a bit longer. Just doing power walks for cardio. Finished the first week of the strength training program on Peloton. Lower body wasn’t that hard so I’m gonna add more weight this week. Upper body was a BITCH.

I basically have baby arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Back below 185lbs. Weighed in at 183.4 this morning.

Damn knees are acting up still so no running for a bit longer. Just doing power walks for cardio. Finished the first week of the strength training program on Peloton. Lower body wasn’t that hard so I’m gonna add more weight this week. Upper body was a BITCH.

I basically have baby arm.
                    Man I'm 185 ish depending on the time of day and have a baby arm too...but i think we are talking about different parts of our anatomy...lol

At 5'10 I'm mostly happy with my composition but will shoot for 2-3 more lbs and call it good.

I just Did a juice cleanse that helped me realize just how sodium bloated I am at times.

Comment

Man I'm 185 ish depending on the time of day and have a baby arm too...but i think we are talking about different parts of our anatomy...lol

At 5'10 I'm mostly happy with my composition but will shoot for 2-3 more lbs and call it good.

I just Did a juice cleanse that helped me realize just how sodium bloated I am at times.
                      I'm 6'2" so I I'm not hating the change in my appearance. I'm looking at this in several directions. For one, I want as much weight off my knees as possible. They just got back to the point that I think I can get back on the treadmill. i just need to make sure I don't overdo it again.

I'm on week two of the weight training. I really pushed myself with the dumbells. This was an upper body day. Tuesday is another leg day.

Comment

So maybe a change in direction in my workout plans.. Four weeks ago, I started a strength training program on the Peloton app. I finished it last Saturday and now I'm making strength training part of my normal routine. I'm basically doing this now:

day one - Full Body workout
                        day two - light cardio
                        day three - upper body workout
                        day four - light cardio
                        day five - lower body workout
                        day six - light cardio
                        day seven - light recovery exercise

I'm at 182lbs and I'm not going to be concerned with weight loss at this point. In the past, one driver for that was to simply remove the amount of stress I was putting on my knees. These strength exercises have done a lot to help with my hips and glutes to the point my knees don't ache. So the focus is to build muscle and eliminate the last bit of fat on my body. I still have a couple pounds of fat in the gut that prevent me from really showing off the improvements to my abs. I've been seeing some great results but now I'm going to see how far I can take it..

I don't want to put on much weight either. My thinking is to reduce fat and build muscle. If I end up weighing a bit more, but with less fat, I'll be really happy.

To that end, I'm adding more protein to my diet and cutting back simple carbs as much as I can. I am, however, making sure I get plenty of complex carbs. Lots of veggies, oatmeal, etc. My wife has finally relented and stopped buying/baking cakes and such.

OK, so with that said, there are weird things happening to me. I sweat A LOT MORE than I used to and it smells a lot more. I'm speculating that my metabolism is up at night. I really have a ton more BO when I wake up. This despite turning the AC down to 69F every night.

The weight training has been VERY effective on my lower body. my thighs, calves, glutes, etc., etc. are looking fantastic. My upper body has been slower to respond but I think they just were in worse shape to start. After four weeks I look in the mirror and HOLY SHIT I HAVE ABS AND BICEPTS.. Seriously, I didn't look this good in my eight years in the Army. It's hugely motivating.

Anyways, I appreciate the advice I've gotten here. Thanks for that guys..

Comment

One the BO front...are you getting enough fluids? If you're dehydrated your body fluids just discharge a higher concentration of waste.

Also props on the hard work Paying off! Keep it up!

Losing those last few lbs will be very hard...especially without losing muscle along the way. At this age...unless you're on hormone therapy...building muscle while cutting is substantially harder than when you're 18-24. It should help that you actually are starting from a point of not being upper body fit as that makes gaining easier at first. Being lean makes muscles look bigger so that always helps!

Comment

One the BO front...are you getting enough fluids? If you're dehydrated your body fluids just discharge a higher concentration of waste.

Also props on the hard work Paying off! Keep it up!

Losing those last few lbs will be very hard...especially without losing muscle along the way. At this age...unless you're on hormone therapy...building muscle while cutting is substantially harder than when you're 18-24. It should help that you actually are starting from a point of not being upper body fit as that makes gaining easier at first. Being lean makes muscles look bigger so that always helps!
                            actually drinking more water than ever.... and thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              The weight training has been VERY effective on my lower body. my thighs, calves, glutes, etc., etc. are looking fantastic. My upper body has been slower to respond but I think they just were in worse shape to start. After four weeks I look in the mirror and HOLY SHIT I HAVE ABS AND BICEPTS.. Seriously, I didn't look this good in my eight years in the Army. It's hugely motivating.

Anyways, I appreciate the advice I've gotten here. Thanks for that guys..
                              Your lower body just had a head start especially with all the running. Being bigger worked your legs muscles more too just carrying the additional weight. The best calves you will ever see are on fat dudes and former fat dudes.

Reading through the thread you're definitely on the right track. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                                Your lower body just had a head start especially with all the running. Being bigger worked your legs muscles more too just carrying the additional weight. The best calves you will ever see are on fat dudes and former fat dudes.

Reading through the thread you're definitely on the right track. Good work.
                                HAHAHA. I never really knew if it was years of biking or me weighing 375 lbs, but I do have some redonculous calves. The one thing I always get comments on also.

I am hanging in there, bastards made me eat brownies and ice cream last night. Steady losing weight and since we have enough equipment at work now I can get the occasional bi tri and chest on after work. I figure a quick 20 minute lift keeps me from just withering away. The bikes keep me good on legs, kind of sort of.
                                Last edited by kingjason; 05-24-2020, 11:08 PM.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X