No announcement yet.

Bust Out Another Thousand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to run that stretch but it's usually crowded with boarders if the water is nice. We also used to run between the Willis Bridge and rock creek area to use the cliffs as wind blocks. I enjoy sitting in the south side of the little island (Hog island) north east of mill creek.

Comment

One day they'll build a boat that doesn't deteriorate much, and where you don't often have to bust out another thousand.

But that day is not today. No today, you will pay. And pay and pay, while things continue to break. Maybe they're just built poorly.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        One day they'll build a boat that doesn't deteriorate much, and where you don't often have to bust out another thousand.

But that day is not today. No today, you will pay. And pay and pay, while things continue to break. Maybe they're just built poorly.
        I've always heard the best boat to go on the lake in, is the one you don't own/have to pay for because they are money pits.

Comment

The best boat if you're worried about money is your friend's boat, or no boat at all.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            the best boat if you're worried about money is your friend's boat, or no boat at all.
            lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              The best boat if you're worried about money is your friend's boat, or no boat at all.
              Hahaha, this is ain't no shit. I've never owned a boat, but we had Yamaha Waverunners 1-3 at any given time and they were a chore. We were riding on the weekend, then maintenance and down time fixing or having them repaired at the Yamaha dealer, if they went to the latter it was always around $700.xx every them damn time, it was a running joke at the amount. They were hella of alot of fun, but fueling was about a hundo for the rig and ski's and that didn't include park entrance at Texhoma (Burns Run West) or food and beer for the day weekend. We used to go almost everyweekend during the summer and then a for a few days during the summer holidays.
              I'd like a nice 20-30 ft boat, but man everyone I know hardly uses their boats and when they do all they do is complain about the cost, lol...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

So, I may be nuts but the money comes when you're paying for a slip/dry storage. The bigger the boat, the more money those cost. The bigger the boat, the more fuel and things on it to break.

Otherwise, if you can trailer a boat, store it at home and fuel it at a normal gas station ---- I really don't see them as overly expensive.

HOWEVER, if you only use your boat 1-5 times a year - it generally would be a waste of money either way. If you're 10+ times a year it's a good time.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Well the boat isn't cheap at all, but it certainly compounds when you need to buy/rent a slip and a lift. Luckily for me, my Uncle owns a few lake houses at Texoma, a lot of our family spends most weekends during the summer at the lake houses so we use the boats all the time.

Stevo

Comment

Man that's a nice boat! Congrats. You can't argue with making memories with your family, enjoy!
                    WRX

Comment

Oh yes, it is a bad ass boat. I'd own it.
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If you've got a pontoon boat, part of the problem is you start wanting upgrades. Even the luxury models seem like base models once you get out on the lake and start having ideas.

Lighting is the main thing, they all need a lot more light. After dark is when the fishing (sometimes) stops and the beer drinking begins. So lights are needed. Then you want better speakers, and more charging ports for people's stuff. The list gets long.
                        WH

Comment

So everyone is say boats are used as much as show cars or weekend warrior cars¿ everyone item comes with a price like a special tool you buy to use only once.

Comment

So even though we have a slip and a lift for the boat, when the Corps starts letting out water to run the generators on the dam, we get too shallow to be able to use the lift. Given how big this boat is, I got tired of using my 1500 to tow it as it was pretty much maxed out on tow rating so yesterday I upgraded to a 2500 HD. This one should do a much better job hauling the boat around.

Stevo

Comment

Personally, I would have gone with the GMC. I can't get over the looks of the new Chevy.

Comment

Very nice, my buddie who is a die hard Ford guy just bought a GMC 1500, its a nice truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X