No announcement yet.

April 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've started the fasting thing. 16 hours nothing and I'll do one decent meal usually before 3 so I have time.

I'm taking all of this in and working with nutritionists. I'm by no means discounting it. Hell, I'd like to be back in my DCU's for my 20th reunion back at Hood and that's 2 years.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• I'm fighting weight gain since my last accident. neck injuries make it hard to exercise, but so does the frustration. Glad you are doing better though. Keep it going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        So I've started the fasting thing. 16 hours nothing and I'll do one decent meal usually before 3 so I have time.

I'm taking all of this in and working with nutritionists. I'm by no means discounting it. Hell, I'd like to be back in my DCU's for my 20th reunion back at Hood and that's 2 years.
        You can do it! I'd like to fit in my dress blues again someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          So I've started the fasting thing. 16 hours nothing and I'll do one decent meal usually before 3 so I have time.

That's great. The thing to know is, that fasting is a kind of progression. Once 16 hour fasts come easy to you, it's time to move it up to 24 hour fasts. Also known as Omad, or one meal a day. Again zero food or water outside of the 1 hour eating window. There's no room for error, or you've broken the fast and killed the beneficial weight loss effect.

Anyone who makes it to proper Omad and stays that course for a few months won't be fat. There is a plateau there, where you're still roughly 20 lbs overweight though. So that's when you finally move on to doing occasional 48 hour fasts. This will eat away that last stubborn bit of fat. Which won't get replaced because Omad isn't enough to replace it. That will just be your weight from then on. All of this is provided, of course, that you never return to eating the trash foods.

There's a whole lot of really good and tasty foods you can eat instead, and you won't miss the bad foods. This might take some learning and experimentation on your part but you will find them if you go looking. I never thought I'd like sushi but it's pretty great. Lots of stuff I've found like that, so now I can easily vary it up.

As for nutritionists...eh, I'd say if you've got fasting then you don't need em. I skipped em and drained every bit of fat off of me, and I feel great. And I didn't have to pay anyone anything for their advice. They might not like this though; I'd wager they have their reasons that they'll explain as to why you need them.
          Last edited by Gasser64; 04-08-2022, 08:47 PM.
          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            zero food or water outside of the 1 hour eating window.
            That's not true, and dry fasting seems retarded as hell. Please explain how would water break a fast.
            Last edited by Strychnine; 04-09-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              That's not true, and dry fasting seems retarded as hell. Please explain how would water break a fast.
              ScIeNcE dEnIeR

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                That's not true, and dry fasting seems retarded as hell. Please explain how (you) would water break a fast.
                Ok prepare for a long ass post. - It is true, you've just got a lot to learn on the subject. Go read Dr Jason Fung's books, he'll educate you, and refute what you just said. (md that pushes fasting) Dr Alan Goldhammer will also help you. Read the study that earned a nobel prize given in 2015 on the study of Autophagy, which I'd call the main benefit of fasting. (autophagy from the Latin means "eat yourself")

In fasting circles, dry fasting is generally regarded as the "real fasting" or the "true fasting". Water fasting works, it just works at a slower pace. You'll drag out your fast, and stay longer in that state to get the same results. If you want to lose 7 lbs of fat you'll fast 7 days. Which I have done on water.

Water fasting is slower because even water does have to be processed to some extent. It obviously doesn't just go in your mouth and flow out your dick. It takes some amount of time and effort on your body's part just to process clean pure water. If it's shitty tap water, it'll be even worse. That's "processing power" that is diverted from eating up fat (and other things) during a fast. You can think of your body like a big processing plant, or perhaps a computer processor when it comes to this. The less work it has to do over here, the more it can do over here. Fasting on water nets you about 1lb of fat loss per day if you're a male. Less if you're female. Dry fasting on the other hand, is over double that amount. Some say it's 3x, so 3lbs of fat per day instead of 1. I manage about 2.7 lbs of fat per day, but like they say everybody's different. I really like the accelerated fat loss so I do dry fasting. I had to work up to it by doing water fasting first. There's also psychological barriers that most people will have to overcome. Water fasting is great for people to ease into fasting. People talk tough but they quickly find out that it ain't no joke.

If you think that dry fasting is somehow "dehydrating" yourself or something, it's just because you don't know about metabolic water. I piss the whole time I'm doing a 48 hour dry fast. The previous day's piss is gone by about the 20'th hour of day one. So where is all the piss coming from? Granted it's less often and it's gnarly looking, but my bladder will still fill up. I'm also staying inside in the cool AC, not fighting for my life trying to escape the Sahara desert in the middle of summer. Going for a (slow) walk helps when you start feeling bad. The hunger comes and goes.

Once you've broken your body in, the hunger becomes much less noticeable. There will always be that initial discomfort of skipping a meal, but it fades fast. Now I just ignore it and it doesn't bother me much. I also don't go do manual labor in this state. If I'm going to be working, I'm eating. As for workouts, that part is easy, you just work out sometime after your one meal that day. (when doing omad). There are people that will work out when fasting for days, but they have to take it real easy. And is that even much of a workout? I just say screw it and skip those days. They're not critical, you can work out on days you eat.

This post is approximated by me, and sure, the biological details are a lot more technical. I'm certainly no phd biologist or biochemist. But I've done what I can to learn from those people on the subject, and I live the proof that it works very well. As do many other people.

On how to break a water fast, raw fruits and vegetables will do the job nicely. I probably don't need to say that doing it with pizza and ice cream is a bad idea. Or even a "heavy" meal of steak and mashed potatoes. None of that stuff. You want light foods that are easy on your guts. Sushi works well. No breads. Try to stick with whole foods. Avoid processed if possible. If it was ground up into little bits then put back together, try to stay away from it. You don't want to replace any of the fat you just melted off. You're changing your "body fat set point" and once you do, it will actually work for you to try and keep you at this new lower weight. But you can fuck this up so use common sense. No starbucks Diabeetos or whatever. There are plenty of good whole foods both cooked and uncooked that are healthy non fattening foods. If you don't normally do it, using the salt shaker will have you feeling better the day you break the fast, and the next day too. I find that a lot of my cravings (say mexican food for example) are actually just salt cravings. You may find yourself thinking of those things you know have a lot of salt on them, but you experience this as a strong desire to eat that food.

Salt is a big deal when it comes to how you feel during a long fast, so when I'm fasting I'll put a pinch of salt on my tongue when I start feeling shitty. Salt has 0 calories so it won't break a fast. About 30 minutes later, I start feeling a lot better. Salt is the key to feeling good but don't overdo it or you'll empty your bile into the toilet. More than once. Just a pinch is plenty every 6 hours. If you feel fine don't do it. When you need salt you'll feel a bad energy drain along with just a feeling of misery. Like you're totally exhausted but you're somehow forced to continue on without rest. That's the only way I can describe it. It may take about 30 minutes for the salt to circulate and make you feel better.
                WH

Comment

Working...
                X