long term food storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long term food storage

do y'all have food storage? if so did you do MRE's, just rice beans and can goods, or one of those food companies like Patriate food supply? I'm pretty late to the party but better now than later.

Costco sells an Emergency food bucket with just add water meals.

Says it doesn't expire for 25 years.

Of course same applies to hot dogs at 7-11
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Dead Deer and a vegetable garden.

Comment

We have some non-perishables stored, but increased our garden by 100% and likely will get some yard birds and goats.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          Costco sells an Emergency food bucket with just add water meals.

Says it doesn't expire for 25 years.

Of course same applies to hot dogs at 7-11
          how much is the costco stuff going for?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            how much is the costco stuff going for?

Well crap they didn't last long. I got a couple of buckets due as I'm not the kind of guy who cans/mason jars food etc.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

LDS Food Pantry, is a source for staples. One used to "can your own" over in the
              Carrollton tx. Here is a price list.

The cooler one keeps the food, the longer it keeps. A storage locker insulated w/
              4 inches of RMAX mand a small window air conditioning unit and a controller,

will keep a fair sized room 35*- 38* F year round.

Remember $ per calorie too!

Comment

being a hillbilly pays off sometimes . but the reality is it could happen here so if you do your farming at krogers you might have a problem. you can grow a ton of food in plastic barrels cut into troughs . at least mre's will keep you alive .

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post

The cooler one keeps the food, the longer it keeps. A storage locker insulated w/
                  4 inches of RMAX mand a small window air conditioning unit and a controller,

will keep a fair sized room 35*- 38* F year round.

Remember $ per calorie too!
                  That’s one of the stupidest things I’ve ever fucking seen.

Society is fucking retarded and the fact that anyone would ever buy that is proof
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Stock up on spices too especially pepper sauces. Those "18 servings" of cheese grits etc.
                    kind of get bland after a while. But if one is hungry Ham and M.Fers were eatable (from
                    c-rats)?

Comment

A crapload of 5 gallon buckets full of dried foods that keep well. Big mylar bags with the air sucked out, and those oxygen absorbers put in.

Tossed several big boxes of MRE's on the shelf, along with a bunch of mountain house stuff. All manner of other things that keep for 5 years or more, most of it 10 years or more. Even sardines. Canned stuff. Craploads of heirloom seeds, and a lot of food plants just growing wild on my property now, waiting for the time when they're needed.

At 3 meals per day I have enough for me and 4 other people to live for about 6 years before we have to start growing anything. Although I'd start doing that immediately. Got the guns, ammo, building materials, supplies, etc. All stored away. Now I can forget about it and not even have to think about any of that crap anymore.

It's worth it for the peace of mind. If these evil/retarded scumbags want to hyper inflate the dollar, at least I'll get to eat.
                      WH

Comment

i grew up with my grandparents . i can remember going to town once a month to get a few things. was a big deal . they grew everything we ate . traded eggs and such for beef . papa would half a hog with a friend every year plus hunting and fishing . you could have cut that small town off from the outside world and they would be fine . every house had a garden and chickens . some had a milk cow . people need to get back to a simpler life . i worry about friends who have no more than 2 days of food on hand . it could happen here .

Comment

kinda odd that 28 food processing plants have burned .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            i grew up with my grandparents . i can remember going to town once a month to get a few things. was a big deal . they grew everything we ate . traded eggs and such for beef . papa would half a hog with a friend every year plus hunting and fishing . you could have cut that small town off from the outside world and they would be fine . every house had a garden and chickens . some had a milk cow . people need to get back to a simpler life . i worry about friends who have no more than 2 days of food on hand . it could happen here .
                            I'm looking for the "Like" button.

Same here. Grandparents on both sides had huge gardens and raised most of their food. Had cows, chickens, pigs, and turkeys. They didn't buy much from the store.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              kinda odd that 28 food processing plants have burned .
                              They think they're going to starve people out lol. Good luck.

Last gasp of globalism before trump returns to destroy them
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X