• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desk art at work.

Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• Comment

• Here's the video from my most recent race. it's a bit long, but I think it's good. what do you all think?

Comment

• this is my new favorite picture of the car. I have to do some rewiring this weekend and will miss the race, but I need to do it. also going to pull some more weight out if I can.

Comment

• That's a mean picture!

Comment

• ?Murica F Yeah!

Comment

• thanks guys. I'm going to be working on it this weekend. got to do some wiring and I want to fix some of the damage to the paint. also I'm going to finally do the black pinstriping I meant to do 3 years ago.

Comment

• Looks like fun

Comment

• what a crazy crazy fun day yesterday. CAM class is getting rowdy. Top 3 drivers were within .10 seconds of each other for most of the day. I somehow squeaked out a win for the day and it felt great.

I've been battling an overheating issue since the big rally sprint event. after a run the car is dumping out the overflow on he radiator. first I realized the fan controller had quit so I replaced that, then it quit again making me realize the fan was melting relays. So I pulled the fan and controller off the ranger. That worked for keeping the fan going but after a hard run she's still puking coolant. I'm starting to think it's a head gasket pumping exhaust into the cooling system. but that didn't stop me from racing all day. lol

My buddy who's my normal toughest competition in his 1986 Firebird was really struggling to find his line yesterday. I ran right seat for him and tried to help him clean up his lap, but we couldn't find enough time to get him on the podium with me. The two guys running the IROC have made some big gains this season and pushed the firebird to 4th. But it was still fun riding with my hommie.

After locking down first place, doing some celebratory donuts and loading up, My luck ran out and I lost a tire on the dolly. As you can see it took the fender with it. I had to use the tire iron from the Ranger to get the fender out of the tire. then limp home on the frontage road and shoulder when there was no other option because my spare was in worse shape than my separated tire. I'll be replacing all three before the next race. It was dumb of me to risk running without a spare. So it took an extra hour to get home, but all in all it was a great weekend.

Comment

• Congrats! and sucks about the tires.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          Congrats! and sucks about the tires.
                          ya could have been worse. I'm excited about the next race.

Comment

• well this is cool, I received these race vents from a dude that just started a company making them. they are 3d printed and are pretty dang cool. the right side goes to the air filter and the left one will be ducted down to my power steering cooler. i think it looks pretty cool and serves a purpose. he's printing me some to replace the corners that will hold spot lights. I can't wait to get those.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• well not anything thats going to make the car faster sunday, but I finally pin striped the rallycar. I could have gone thicker, but I think that this looks pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X