No announcement yet.

D. Lil's 2004 Z06 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to find the time to get some proper pictures. Hopefully this week.

Took her up to complete customs to have it fine tuned and painted and after rolling with the fenders unpainted for several weeks and having zero issues the first weekend I drive it I must have hit a good dip in the road enough to rub the inside lip of the driver side fender and it jacked the fender up a bit. Nothing visible from the outside but I'm going to have to take it back to get fixed.

Comment

That sucks that even at that ride height its rubbing. Maybe they can remove some material from the inner fender lips to keep that from happening in the future.

Comment

I like it at that height, looks fine. Actually it looks killer.

Those damn cars are too damn low stock IMO. Sure it looks great low, but that's it. Sucks to be that low around here.

Comment

Yeah, I meant to tell them to shave the inner lip. It is a good two inches and it only shows to be rubbing on the inner-most half inch.

The plan is to shave the lip and see if I have any problems and then take it back to get touched up. I definitely would like to lower it just a touch when I get some coilovers on.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
            Yeah, I meant to tell them to shave the inner lip. It is a good two inches and it only shows to be rubbing on the inner-most half inch.

The plan is to shave the lip and see if I have any problems and then take it back to get touched up. I definitely would like to lower it just a touch when I get some coilovers on.
            Is there an easy way to disconnect the leaf spring to test for clearance at full compression? It may not be a bad idea to do that after trimming but before paint.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              Is there an easy way to disconnect the leaf spring to test for clearance at full compression? It may not be a bad idea to do that after trimming but before paint.
              Yeah, I've thought about it. It is just one single bolt in the leaf spring. It SHOULD be pretty simple.

Comment

Rad dude
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Looks badass
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

You fucking nailed it to the 25th power.

Comment

Man, I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open. I love it.

Comment

I love it, soo clean and mean
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I usually don't like Vettes but yours is kick ass! Kudos sir!

Comment

Comment

Those wheels really pop on the black car, I wasnt on board with them, but I was wrong.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X