Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys 2016

Looks like Forte is not going to be back with the Bears.

Jerry needs to take notice. Its not a long term fix but may keep us competitive if we decide to go QB or Defense in the first round this year.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Looks like Forte is not going to be back with the Bears.

Jerry needs to take notice. Its not a long term fix but may keep us competitive if we decide to go QB or Defense in the first round this year.

I think they'll give Forte a long look. He's got gas in the tank, and his ability to catch passes out of the backfield means we wouldn't feel the loss of Dunbar as much (Dunbar is a free agent). I can't see Forte pulling top dollar at his age, especially with the Murray debacle fresh in everyone's mind. Just give him a short (2 yr), incentive laden deal. This would allow them to focus on the defensive, QB, and WR needs in the draft. Although I do expect they will make a run at a FA pass rusher.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I think they'll give Forte a long look. He's got gas in the tank, and his ability to catch passes out of the backfield means we wouldn't feel the loss of Dunbar as much (Dunbar is a free agent). I can't see Forte pulling top dollar at his age, especially with the Murray debacle fresh in everyone's mind. Just give him a short (2 yr), incentive laden deal. This would allow them to focus on the defensive, QB, and WR needs in the draft. Although I do expect they will make a run at a FA pass rusher.
      We really don't know what their draft board is going to look like, but I don't think they need to draft a RB at #4. I don't know how I feel about taking a pass rusher since they already picked up 2 pass rushers in the last two drafts. I would rather a lock down cornerback or a LB at #4.

As a matter of fact, I would be fine with Jack at #4.

Comment

I think they take Jalen Ramsey at 4.

Comment

JFF baby, wooooooooo!!!!!!
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

We really don't know what their draft board is going to look like, but I don't think they need to draft a RB at #4. I don't know how I feel about taking a pass rusher since they already picked up 2 pass rushers in the last two drafts. I would rather a lock down cornerback or a LB at #4.

As a matter of fact, I would be fine with Jack at #4.
            I'm good with Bosa, Jack, or Ramsey at #4 quite honestly. I know what you mean about taking an end @ 4, but with Marinelli's schemes those guys rotate heavily. If Gregory still can't put on the size needed, move him to LB.

Did not mean to insinuate they'd go RB @ #4. Just meant it addresses a concern, and it's one less need to address through the draft. The only situation I could see them taking a RB in the first would be if they moved down and acquired an additional first round pick out of the move. Which is possible. I just think it's more likely they take defense and QB in the first if they wind up with 2 #1s.

Comment

I'm good with Bosa, Jack, or Ramsey at #4 quite honestly. I know what you mean about taking an end @ 4, but with Marinelli's schemes those guys rotate heavily. If Gregory still can't put on the size needed, move him to LB.

Did not mean to insinuate they'd go RB @ #4. Just meant it addresses a concern, and it's one less need to address through the draft. The only situation I could see them taking a RB in the first would be if they moved down and acquired an additional first round pick out of the move. Which is possible. I just think it's more likely they take defense and QB in the first if they wind up with 2 #1s.
              I am thinking its a 75% chance they go D with the 4th pick IF they don't trade down. Jerry may have learned his lesson about trading down. Sometimes you just need to take that superstar player. He got into the habit of trading down for lower rung players, depended on the scouts to give him good advice on those players and they mostly sucked.

Comment

I think it would be an amazing draft if they take Jack at #4 and then pick up Coleman(Baylor) in the second round.

Comment

I think it would be an amazing draft if they take Jack at #4
                  Jack, Lee, and Hitchens in the LB core would be pretty fun.

Moving down isn't all bad at all imo. Especially depending on how they have guys on their board. I'm not talking down to the end of the first round, but they could stand to gain a lot by just moving down 4-5 spots.

depended on the scouts to give him good advice on those players and they mostly sucked.

I get irritated when everyone fawns over the job McClay has done. Outside of the first two rounds his department sucks gigantic elephant nuts.

Comment

I get irritated when everyone fawns over the job McClay has done. Outside of the first two rounds his department sucks gigantic elephant nuts.
                    I think we have been deprived of quality picks and building a quality team for so long people think he is awesome. I mean, if you have been eating bologna for 10 years, and then someone gives you some chopped ham slices, you're going to be ecstatic.

Comment

I don't even have an opinion, you never know what the Boy's brass are going to do...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Here comes RG3.... lol

Comment

I think Forte will probably get what Frank Gore got last offseason when it comes to a contract offer. Gore's was a 3 year 12 million with 6.5 million guaranteed.

Is McFadden still going to be in Dallas or is he a free agent?
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                            I think Forte will probably get what Frank Gore got last offseason when it comes to a contract offer. Gore's was a 3 year 12 million with 6.5 million guaranteed.

Is McFadden still going to be in Dallas or is he a free agent?
                            McFadden will be here next year, he signed a two year deal. I think forte will bring a little less than gore. I still think the Cowboys should go after Miller. Grab rg3, and another qb later in the draft, and go all in on defense again this year.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                              McFadden will be here next year, he signed a two year deal. I think forte will bring a little less than gore. I still think the Cowboys should go after Miller. Grab rg3, and another qb later in the draft, and go all in on defense again this year.
                              speaking of RG3, I read an article that said the Rams might consider signing RG3. Heck to be the starter the bar wasn't set high by Nick Foles and Case Keenum. I wouldn't be oppose to it if he was signed, the irony would be funny though.

Rams trade #2 pick to Washington for 3 first round picks.
                              Washington drafts RG3
                              Washington releases RG3
                              Rams sign RG3.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X