1955 Chevy Belaire exhaust system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Chevy Belaire exhaust system?

My uncle bought a 4 door belaire. I think it has the factory 265 V8 in it but someone cut out the exhaust system. One of the manifolds are cracked and it pretty much needs and entire exhaust system. I'd like to do a header back system but I've read that there's not much clearance under the hood for headers and it seems like most people use a factory style "rams horn" ex manifolds.
    Do any of yall have any experience with these? Any suggestions for a kit?

Pics please

Comment

Patriot makes a set of headers that work with the Tri5's. I have a set on my 55, no issues. DO NOT buy the cheap knock off's, they dont fit..
      For the rest, we use the cheap stainless builders kits off Amazon. They weld up pretty nicely.

Comment

One of the coolest features of my inline six is it’s manifold. Not knowing anything about these old six cylinders I was amazed by the single sided intake/exhaust setup. Pretty cool.

Comment

Speaking of 6 cyl. have you been to Clifford Research?

In 1954, The Hudson flat-head 6 cylinder outperformed all overhead V-8s including Chrysler Hemi. It won 27 out of 29 Grand National Races. clifford performance

Comment

I have seen their products. I’m only getting my 6 cylinder in running condition. Decided not to hot Rod it because I’m about to start building my big block for a swap. I’d rather spend money on that

Comment

Working...
            X