Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
    First you say we can't compete with JJ and Garret which we do. Now you say Romo isn't reliable? He's one of the most reliable in the league. Furthermore, we have one of the best offensive lines in the league. His injury last year is from a hit that would have put any QB on IR. I don't see GB projecting their success based on Arron Rogers backup.

Jason Garrett 45-43 lifetime as a coach..... If you call that competing.

The o line can't protect romo on a blitz. Murray did great at blitz pickups, any other cowboy rb in recent history not so much.

Romo has a history of recent injuries that can't be ignored. If he makes it through a whole season it will be better than last year, but that's all.

No and regardless of talent level JG is a bad coach. Almost 100 games and he still can't prevent delay of game penalties?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
      Wasn't that their "M-O" in 2014. They would wear teams down and come over the top in the 4th. Either way, I agree they need a new formula. I keep hearing people say Bosa or Geoff at the number 4 pick which I'm not completely comfortable with. So my question now is what would it take for another team to get the 4th pick? A first and second round pick this year along with a first pick from next years draft?
      Losing for most of a game isn't really a strategy for success. We need a good WR2, and as much as I hate to admit it, we also need to look at TE's in upcoming years.

Bosa is highly suspect, once he lost support from the other DE, his production plummeted, historically that is bad news for future performance. His production is very low for where he's projected, suffice to say he does not have the measurables/production of any high performing pass rushers drafted in the last decade. He's just the best of a weak class. Jalen Ramsey is looking like one of the few picks worthy of his draft spot. Wentz is promising, but I have an odd feeling Lynch is better with some work. I think Dallas should trade down to get Noah Spence, then trade up to get lynch if possible, then fill roster spots. Also, I'm on board picking up Derrick Henry if he's available.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Losing for most of a game isn't really a strategy for success. We need a good WR2, and as much as I hate to admit it, we also need to look at TE's in upcoming years.

Bosa is highly suspect, once he lost support from the other DE, his production plummeted, historically that is bad news for future performance. His production is very low for where he's projected, suffice to say he does not have the measurables/production of any high performing pass rushers drafted in the last decade. He's just the best of a weak class. Jalen Ramsey is looking like one of the few picks worthy of his draft spot. Wentz is promising, but I have an odd feeling Lynch is better with some work. I think Dallas should trade down to get Noah Spence, then trade up to get lynch if possible, then fill roster spots. Also, I'm on board picking up Derrick Henry if he's available.

Henry is a bad, bad, bad pick for any team. Too many miles on him, and backs of his size typically burn out in just a few short years. I hope to God the Cowboys don't waste a pick on him.

Spence has character issues. Not saying they shouldn't pick him, but it should be taken in to consideration. DeForest Buckner and Shaq Lawson would both be better DE picks by pretty much any measurable you want to use.

I think Wentz is the better QB, hands down. I am intrigued by Lynch though, mainly due to his size. Carolina and Pittsburgh both do well with unusually large QBs, and there is something to be said for durability at his size.

Connor Cook could fall too. He'd be a good one.
        Last edited by bcoop; 03-31-2016, 08:07 AM.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Jets are looking to deal Muhammad Wilkerson. Curious to what their asking price is.

Comment

• I need to see tape on Wentz, but I still feel like Cook is the best of the bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              I need to see tape on Wentz, but I still feel like Cook is the best of the bunch.
              I can't remember if it was Goose or David Moore, but one of them was very high on Cook, and said even though he isn't mentioned in that top tier, they felt he was the best and most ready. He's considered a sleeper pick because he's projected to go 2nd-3rd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                I can't remember if it was Goose or David Moore, but one of them was very high on Cook, and said even though he isn't mentioned in that top tier, they felt he was the best and most ready. He's considered a sleeper pick because he's projected to go 2nd-3rd round.
                If they absolutely feel they want to develop a QB from a later pick, he is their guy.

From the games I saw, his release is very quick. If he can make good decisions and has that quick release, he can be successful.

Comment

Henry is a bad, bad, bad pick for any team. Too many miles on him, and backs of his size typically burn out in just a few short years. I hope to God the Cowboys don't waste a pick on him.

Spence has character issues. Not saying they shouldn't pick him, but it should be taken in to consideration. DeForest Buckner and Shaq Lawson would both be better DE picks by pretty much any measurable you want to use.

I think Wentz is the better QB, hands down. I am intrigued by Lynch though, mainly due to his size. Carolina and Pittsburgh both do well with unusually large QBs, and there is something to be said for durability at his size.

Connor Cook could fall too. He'd be a good one.
                  Henry is big, yes, and I have schooled a few people on exactly the point you made on his size, and what that brings with it. However, I think at the right spot he could be useful as a power back.

I like wentz, but I don't think he'll be available. After wentz it's Jalen Ramsey or trade down imho. I watched video on all the qb's, and my 14 years in finance tells me lynch has big potential.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Henry is big, yes, and I have schooled a few people on exactly the point you made on his size, and what that brings with it. However, I think at the right spot he could be useful as a power back.

I like wentz, but I don't think he'll be available. After wentz it's Jalen Ramsey or trade down imho. I watched video on all the qb's, and my 14 years in finance tells me lynch has big potential.
                    I can't stop laughing at this. 14 years of finance......lololololololol. lynch would be a good draft pick. But your finance shit has me rolling. You a damn fool c.j.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Treadwell in for a visit. Just a formality. It's possible the Cowboys have him as a top 5 on their board, I just think the probability is extremely low that they go there with that 4th pick.

Can you imagine him and Dez opposite each other though? Would be fun to watch, for sure.

Comment

Treadwell in for a visit. Just a formality. It's possible the Cowboys have him as a top 5 on their board, I just think the probability is extremely low that they go there with that 4th pick.

Can you imagine him and Dez opposite each other though? Would be fun to watch, for sure.
                          I bet its a ploy to get a team to trade up. I think they still believe in Terrence Williams as being the number 2 guy. I think Jerruh is going to trade down.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I bet its a ploy to get a team to trade up.

Nah. They have guys come in for visits every year, that they have absolutely no intention or chance of drafting. Every team does it. It's part of their internal draft board ranking process.

Comment

• I wouldn't put them past it to attempt to lure a team to trade up. The only way I'd even entertain taking a receiver at 4 is if he was sure-thing dez quality.

Comment

I wouldn't put them past it to attempt to lure a team to trade up. The only way I'd even entertain taking a receiver at 4 is if he was sure-thing dez quality.
                                Treadwell is as sure as it gets at the WR position in this draft. He's a beast. Would be freaking awesome, they just have bigger needs right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X