Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    They have done excellent in the last few drafts.

They absolutely have NOT done excellent in the last few drafts. Good teams hit on 4th-7th round picks. Not all of them, but on the majority. When we played TB last year, this offense got lit the fuck up by a 4th round LB. When was the last time a 4th round pick by the Cowboys done, well... Anything? Dallas has improved their first and second round picks, sure. But sit tight for a minute and let me put something together.

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    I remember a few years ago when we had miles austin coming off a 1000 yard season and a few other good wide receivers and people bitched about taking dez.
    I don't recall anyone complaining about Dez. Most knew Austin was a one hit wonder.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      They absolutely have NOT done excellent in the last few drafts. Good teams hit on 4th-7th round picks. Not all of them, but on the majority. When we played TB last year, this offense got lit the fuck up by a 4th round LB. When was the last time a 4th round pick by the Cowboys done, well... Anything? Dallas has improved their first and second round picks, sure. But sit tight for a minute and let me put something together.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Dez. Most knew Austin was a one hit wonder.
      Because the percentages are not in anyone's favor after the first and second round. It's a crap shoot.

I'm sorry to disagree with you, I forgot you were the all knowing sports opinion. My bad.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Because the percentages are not in anyone's favor after the first and second round. It's a crap shoot.

I'm sorry to disagree with you, I forgot you were the all knowing sports opinion. My bad.
        Its not a crap shoot. Yes, there are variables that can't be controlled and situations arise such as injuries.

But a quality scouting department and competent GM can pull some solid players out of the later rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Its not a crap shoot. Yes, there are variables that can't be controlled and situations arise such as injuries.

But a quality scouting department and competent GM can pull some solid players out of the later rounds.
          Didn't say it can't be done, but the numbers don't lie

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2.../#35b72bce28ea.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• So with a less than 20% chance of landing a starter in round 3 and beyond.. the Cowboys obviously suck if they don't hit on every pick and draft nothing but pro bowlers according to you pros.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• uh, that same article shows you 39% of starters from 2014 on were from the 3rd round and on.

3 75 12.6 60.0
              4 64 10.8 70.8
              5 38 6.4 77.2
              6 29 4.9 82.0
              7 25 4.2 86.2
              38.9%

Over a 1/3 of starters come from the 3rd round on. That's a big deal.

Comment

• 2010 Draft

1st - Dez Bryant
                2nd - Sean Lee
                4th - Owusu-Ansah Played 7 games, and released. Now in CFL. Let's also not forget we passed on Kam Chancellor for Ansah.
                6th - Sam Young Played 3 games. Released. Now in MIA.
                6th - Jamar Wall - Played 0 games. Released. Now in CFL
                7th - Sean Lissemore - Here 3 years. Mostly hurt. Now in SD.

2011 Draft
                1st - Tyron Smith
                2nd - Bruce Carter
                3rd - DeMarco Murray - Left for PHI, now in TEN
                4th - David Arkin - Played 1 game in 3 yrs. Now in STL
                5th - Josh Thomas - Released at training camp
                6th - DeWayne Harris
                7th - Sean Chapas Released at training camp, out of NFL
                7th - Bill Nagy - Started 4 games, waived due to injury.Out of NFL

2012 Draft
                1st - Mo Claiborne
                3rd - Tyrone Crawford
                4th - Kyle Wilber Mediocre, still with Dallas
                4th - Matt Johnson Never played a down in 3 seasons, no longer in NFL
                5th - Danny Coale - Never played a single down with Dallas.
                6th - James Hanna - wtflol
                7th - Caleb McSurdy -Spent 1 yr on IR. Released the following year

2013 Draft
                1st - Travis Frederick
                2nd - Gavin Escobar -wtflol
                3rd - Terrance Williams - Still in Dallas
                3rd - JJ Wilcox - Still in Dallas
                4th - BW Webb - Played 2 or 3 games. Then released.
                5th - Joseph Randle - Still in Dallas
                6th - Devonte Hollman - Played 3 games and retired.

2014 Draft
                1st - Zack Martin
                2nd - Demarcus Lawrence
                4th - Anthony Hitchens - Still with Dallas
                5th - Devin Street - Still in Dallas
                7th - Will Smith - Released to make room for Michael Sam. Let that sink in.
                7th - Ahmad Dixon - Released after being late to meeting. 5 teams in 2 years, currently free agent.
                7th - Ken Bishop - Played 3 games and released.
                7th - Terrence Mitchell - Released at training camp

2015 Draft
                1st - Byron Jones
                2nd - Randy Gregory
                3rd - Chaz Green - wtflol
                4th - Damien Wilson - Still on team
                5th - Ryan Russell - Still on team
                7th - Mark Nzeocha - Played 2 games, still on team
                7th - Laurence Gibson - Waived at training camp
                7th - Geoff Swaim - 1 catch for 0 yards. I don't know if he's still with the team, but who gives a shit.

Compare that with any other top team in the NFL. It is embarassing. Look how many were out of the NFL as soon as Dallas released them. Look how many chumps they drafted, only for them to play in the CFL. Any fucking idiot can hit on picks in the first and second rounds. My dead grandmother can do that.

Comment

I'm not the all knowing sports opinion. I'm just not allergic to facts.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Bingo. Definitely not a crap shoot for those who do their homework. Anyone can make a bad pick, yes. Bellichick whiffs on receivers every single year. But when you whiff on nearly ALL of them, it indicates Ownership and their staff has no fucking idea what they are doing. The evidence I have laid out for you is undeniable. This isn't opinion, it is fact.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  uh, that same article shows you 39% of starters from 2014 on were from the 3rd round and on.

3 75 12.6 60.0
                  4 64 10.8 70.8
                  5 38 6.4 77.2
                  6 29 4.9 82.0
                  7 25 4.2 86.2
                  38.9%

Over a 1/3 of starters come from the 3rd round on. That's a big deal.
                  Bingo. He only read the part he wanted to read. He ignored the rest that disputes his claims.

Comment

2010 Draft

1st - Dez Bryant
                    2nd - Sean Lee
                    4th - Owusu-Ansah Played 7 games, and released. Now in CFL. Let's also not forget we passed on Kam Chancellor for Ansah.
                    6th - Sam Young Played 3 games. Released. Now in MIA.
                    6th - Jamar Wall - Played 0 games. Released. Now in CFL
                    7th - Sean Lissemore - Here 3 years. Mostly hurt. Now in SD.

2011 Draft
                    1st - Tyron Smith
                    2nd - Bruce Carter
                    3rd - DeMarco Murray - Left for PHI, now in TEN
                    4th - David Arkin - Played 1 game in 3 yrs. Now in STL
                    5th - Josh Thomas - Released at training camp
                    6th - DeWayne Harris
                    7th - Sean Chapas Released at training camp, out of NFL
                    7th - Bill Nagy - Started 4 games, waived due to injury.Out of NFL

2012 Draft
                    1st - Mo Claiborne
                    3rd - Tyrone Crawford
                    4th - Kyle Wilber Mediocre, still with Dallas
                    4th - Matt Johnson Never played a down in 3 seasons, no longer in NFL
                    5th - Danny Coale - Never played a single down with Dallas.
                    6th - James Hanna - wtflol
                    7th - Caleb McSurdy -Spent 1 yr on IR. Released the following year

2013 Draft
                    1st - Travis Frederick
                    2nd - Gavin Escobar -wtflol
                    3rd - Terrance Williams - Still in Dallas
                    3rd - JJ Wilcox - Still in Dallas
                    4th - BW Webb - Played 2 or 3 games. Then released.
                    5th - Joseph Randle - Still in Dallas
                    6th - Devonte Hollman - Played 3 games and retired.

2014 Draft
                    1st - Zack Martin
                    2nd - Demarcus Lawrence
                    4th - Anthony Hitchens - Still with Dallas
                    5th - Devin Street - Still in Dallas
                    7th - Will Smith - Released to make room for Michael Sam. Let that sink in.
                    7th - Ahmad Dixon - Released after being late to meeting. 5 teams in 2 years, currently free agent.
                    7th - Ken Bishop - Played 3 games and released.
                    7th - Terrence Mitchell - Released at training camp

2015 Draft
                    1st - Byron Jones
                    2nd - Randy Gregory
                    3rd - Chaz Green - wtflol
                    4th - Damien Wilson - Still on team
                    5th - Ryan Russell - Still on team
                    7th - Mark Nzeocha - Played 2 games, still on team
                    7th - Laurence Gibson - Waived at training camp
                    7th - Geoff Swaim - 1 catch for 0 yards. I don't know if he's still with the team, but who gives a shit.

Compare that with any other top team in the NFL. It is embarassing. Look how many were out of the NFL as soon as Dallas released them. Look how many chumps they drafted, only for them to play in the CFL. Any fucking idiot can hit on picks in the first and second rounds. My dead grandmother can do that.
                    do that with the rest of the teams, it's not as easy as you make it out to be. I'm not saying dallas has amazing scouts, but damn dude cut them a break. Hind sight is 20/20 it's easy to sit here and critique, why don't you go be a scout, you're non allergic ass would be the so of the scouting world with all your facts. Don't be dillusional, dallas has not done a terrible job at all drafting, I wish they would do as well in the later rounds as they do in the first 3 every year, but most teams dont.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Pretty much all the teams will look similar, that actually looks pretty good.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Quick! Matt!! Hurry up and defend that pick! A fucking linebacker that won't even see the fucking field for a year!

Comment

• What the shit

Comment

Quick! Matt!! Hurry up and defend that pick! A fucking linebacker that won't even see the fucking field for a year!
                            1st round talent in the second round, I don't dislike it. I would have went with Noah spence, the de. I'm sure the Cowboys doctor who performed the surgery has a pretty good idea on how his knee is. We don't know when he will play, but when he does he is a beast. I don't have to defend shit, but you insist on being a negative Nancy about every single pick. Why don't you go be a pro scout, you seem to be the best at it around dallas, because obviously the Cowboys don't know what they are doing.

Who would you have taken?
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Obgah was their pick, and the Browns scooped him up, then Jerry shit himself and blurted out Smith!

Should have taken Hunter Henry there, like SD did after them, or one of the other top DEs, if you're worried about DEs

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                What the shit
                                4-12 again, that's what.

Incredible player when healthy. Huge risk. Does nothing to make this team better now. Would have definitely been there in the third, and possibly 4th round.

More reaching and incompetence from the Cowboys front office and Will McClay. But hey, he's doing a great job. Matt says so.

Comment

Working...
                                X