Oh hai, guys - bad weather this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    It's almost 70* with blue skies, what is this bad weather that you speak of?
    We've had several days of the same, over the last week. Though I was in Austin/Horseshoe Bay, and didn't get to enjoy it much. I should have played golf after all.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It's almost 70* with blue skies, what is this bad weather that you speak of?
      in your beemer, in cali?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        We've had several days of the same, over the last week. Though I was in Austin/Horseshoe Bay, and didn't get to enjoy it much. I should have played golf after all.
        Other than the nice scenery, Golf is a very frustrating sport. Sucks that you didn't get out and enjoy the weather, but golf usually trumps that.

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        in your beemer, in cali?
        Yep.

Comment

Other than the nice scenery, Golf is a very frustrating sport. Sucks that you didn't get out and enjoy the weather, but golf usually trumps that.

Yeah, it's a mental mind fuck, and requires a ton of patience. I go occasionally, and I hit some balls here and there. I don't play full rounds, every ball though, as a courtesy to the group I go with, and the groups behind us. I don't want to be the inconsiderate asshole holding everyone else up.

I really should have gone though. They played 3 days, 3 courses in Hill Country, and the scenery/wildlife was quite impressive from what I hear. Unfortunately, I was tied up with the non golfing customers.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Yeah, it's a mental mind fuck, and requires a ton of patience. I go occasionally, and I hit some balls here and there. I don't play full rounds, every ball though, as a courtesy to the group I go with, and the groups behind us. I don't want to be the inconsiderate asshole holding everyone else up.

I really should have gone though. They played 3 days, 3 courses in Hill Country, and the scenery/wildlife was quite impressive from what I hear. Unfortunately, I was tied up with the non golfing customers.
            The best round I ever played (well, most enjoyable) was with dad and I on Thanksgiving, not keeping score. Ball goes left in the woods, hit another. Scoring is over-rated.

Comment

The best round I ever played (well, most enjoyable) was with dad and I on Thanksgiving, not keeping score. Ball goes left in the woods, hit another. Scoring is over-rated.
              That's the best way to play i think, lol.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Yep.
                Golf is an easy sport just like bowling is. Once you understand the proper fundamentals it's an easy game. The problem is with both of them, well any hobbyist really, is that people tend to overthink what they are doing therefor further complicating matters.

It helps that I've been doing both since I was barely able to walk, but you'll see that same trend with people who overachieve in any sport when they start young in their informative years before making bad habits.

When you find yourself having a frustrating game, relax, don't worry about what stroke you are on, what part of the course you are, wind, any of that - just let your swing do it's thing. You'll find the game will get much easier when you focus on the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Golf is an easy sport just like bowling is. Once you understand the proper fundamentals it's an easy game. The problem is with both of them, well any hobbyist really, is that people tend to overthink what they are doing therefor further complicating matters.

It helps that I've been doing both since I was barely able to walk, but you'll see that same trend with people who overachieve in any sport when they start young in their informative years before making bad habits.

When you find yourself having a frustrating game, relax, don't worry about what stroke you are on, what part of the course you are, wind, any of that - just let your swing do it's thing. You'll find the game will get much easier when you focus on the basics.
                  Translation:
                  Originally posted by Steve
                  Rolling around with sweaty men is natural to me.
                  Last edited by mstng86; 01-31-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X