No announcement yet.

Miata + 10k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe after the current monsoon is over!
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I bet that little car is a blast

Comment

I think I just love testing and refining shit!

I did such a great job of sourcing and perfecting the transmission cooler that she hit a whopping 105 today going to Waxahachie and back. It was low forties or so out. Now low fifties the other day and working some back roads I got her up to 161 max and then it would just cool back down to the 140's. Got varying opinions on whether to cool was a bad thing or not. Alison says 100 degrees is about as cold as you want to run one and my super bad ass transmission guy said 120 was getting sketchy. He said 145 was not horrible but every damn transmission cooler site starts at about 165 I think for perfect cooling. So this is good info for anyone out there separating the tranny and engine cooling. A week ago I had "accidently" ordered the Preferred Racing thermostat. I thought why the hell not.

Testing revealed a solid 165 in town with mid 50's temps and about 174 to 186 on the highway or so no matter how it was being driven.

This morning, normal driving to work about 8 miles or so and it was 136 or so VS 80 I saw the other morning that was not so cold. I would say success. I will say that I noticed the transmission shifting really smooths out around 135-140 oddly enough. If I get into it again for anything I may set it up with hard lines or some kind of quick disconnect. We will see how well the thermostat does this summer. Worst case scenario I pull it off for the summer and add it back in the winter. Takes a whopping 15 minutes to get the nose off this car. I believe it may do fine though. It is working as advertised right now.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
        X