No announcement yet.

The World's Blackest Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you use it for? Besides making blacking.
    The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
      What would you use it for? Besides making blacking.
      Any device that is light sensitive. Telescopes come to mind. It's black because it absorbs light instead of reflecting it.

Comment

Darkness!

Comment

has upped its blackness
          lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Well when can I buy it in a spray can?

Never. It is not paint. It is grown onto the material that it is coating and it takes a temp of about 450c to do so or I would have a set of coveralls in their black color. The material is also strictly controled when it comes to exporting it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
              dammit

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                Never. It is not paint. It is grown onto the material that it is coating and it takes a temp of about 450c to do so or I would have a set of coveralls in their black color. The material is also strictly controled when it comes to exporting it.

Paint It (Vanta) Black" - The World's Blackest Material is Now in Spray Form

any new applications including consumer products can now benefit from the world's blackest surface coating material, Vantablack, thanks to an innovative new spray paint version believed to be the blackest paint ever created.

Vantablack's nanomaterial structure absorbs virtually all incident light, and was designed to optimize the performance of precision optical systems. Now, the material's developer, UK-based Surrey NanoSystems, has created a version that can be sprayed onto objects - rather than being grown using a chemical vapour deposition (CVD) process.

Called Vantablack S-VIS, the new nanomaterial spray paint greatly widens the applications potential, making it possible to coat much larger and more complex shapes and structures, as well as many new materials including engineering polymers. Even though the material is applied using a simple spraying process, it traps 99.8% of incident light hitting its surface.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  dammit
                  Double dammit.

Comment

Read the fine print. It is not the same stuff, it still requires baking at a high temp and export approval from the government in the UK. Trust me on this, I have been looking for a way.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                      Blast from the blast. just the other day I was singing that song to the only black friend I have.

Comment

Working...
                      X