• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      I don't understand. Do you not have a thermostat in it? It will run a much more consistent temperature with a 'stat.

If you don't have one, you need one before summertime. The thermostat will allow water to stay in the radiator longer, which will allow it to get cool before returning to the engine.
      There is a 180* in there. When the car is just idling and before you can bring the engine temps up by driving it, it will run cool (170ish) because of the E85.

For a Turbo car that is street driven like it is, not seeing temps over 190* is like seeing a unicorn. I have exhaust temps reaching 700* under the hood and the coolant, fans, and radiator keep everything in check. The car can sit and idle as long as you want and stay cool or we can get on the highway and cruise at 75 and it still stays between 180-190 depending on how hot it is outside.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        My wife and I took the Cobra out again today on a "all highway" run. We started at Exit 70 off of I35 and after filling up with E85, we punched up north. We drove up 50 miles and down 50 miles back to the same gas station. I topped the tank off with 6.4 gallons for an average MPG of 15.15. I stayed in 5th and 6th the entire time and kept my foot out of boost.

I am happier and happier with every mile we put on it. She cruises so smooth on the highway and is docile around town if you want her to be.

Engine temps still fluxuate between 175*-190* and it can idle all day and never get above 180*.
        Any reason for the E85? I do not think it is necessary unless you need cheap race gas. I plan to make about 1100rw on 93 on about 17 psi (low boost).

The poor mpg is just not worth it imo. My car with a huge blower and a broke ass motor (8 burned exhaust valves and 3 broken pistons) got 18 mpg on the highway 10 years ago. 15 sorta sucks, esp if you never got on it.

Comment

I am happier and happier with every mile we put on it. She cruises so smooth on the highway and is docile around town if you want her to be.

That's nice, but how does the Cobra run?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnesthesiA View Post
            That's nice, but how does the Cobra run?
            Not hot is what I got out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
              Not hot is what I got out of it.

Comment

Any reason for the E85? I do not think it is necessary unless you need cheap race gas. I plan to make about 1100rw on 93 on about 17 psi (low boost).

The poor mpg is just not worth it imo. My car with a huge blower and a broke ass motor (8 burned exhaust valves and 3 broken pistons) got 18 mpg on the highway 10 years ago. 15 sorta sucks, esp if you never got on it.
                Cooler ECT's
                More timing with no worries about detonation
                More boost, see above
                Cooler IAT's....right now they are around 110-120* with 80* ambient.

It acts similar to alcohol

Yes, there is a MPG trade off. I get around 9 in town and a lot worse if I am putting my foot in it. The tank I have holds 18gl but can only let it get down to using 15-16 gallons of it.

Comment

Cooler ECT's
                  More timing with no worries about detonation
                  More boost, see above
                  Cooler IAT's....right now they are around 110-120* with 80* ambient.

It acts similar to alcohol

Yes, there is a MPG trade off. I get around 9 in town and a lot worse if I am putting my foot in it. The tank I have holds 18gl but can only let it get down to using 15-16 gallons of it.
                  My buddy is runnin it in his TT Ford Formula, and it gets like 4 mpg... shit is retarded, goes through 1/4 tank of fuel to a 10 mile meet from his house.

I'd rather have some heat in the IC and motor vs going through a full tank of fuel (or 2!) every day.

Hopefully it works out for you, I just dont see the benefits in what you posted above being worth it for half the fuel mileage.

Comment

My buddy is runnin it in his TT Ford Formula, and it gets like 4 mpg... shit is retarded, goes through 1/4 tank of fuel to a 10 mile meet from his house.

I'd rather have some heat in the IC and motor vs going through a full tank of fuel (or 2!) every day.

Hopefully it works out for you, I just dont see the benefits in what you posted above being worth it for half the fuel mileage.
                    If you had E85 you probably wouldn't have had all those broke pistons and burnt up valves

Comment

LMFAO. You're leaving out some important details in your comparison.

I.e. Powerglide, 160lb injectors, 400+ CID, 2000+HP etc..

Comment

• I am taking the Cobra out to Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning if anyone wants to come by and say hi.

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                        LMFAO. You're leaving out some important details in your comparison.

I.e. Powerglide, 160lb injectors, 400+ CID, 2000+HP etc..
                        Nice. Only 3 times the horsepower mine is making.

I spoke with they guy that tuned it and he thinks that we can get more hwy mpg out of it with some data logging and tuning. I was watcing the injector duty cycle and at cruising speeds on the hwy we were around 2% with the 120# injectors. Not sure how you can tune that down much more and it still run.

Comment

I am taking the Cobra out to Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning if anyone wants to come by and say hi.
                          you probably already know this but either get there EARLY (read like 6:30am) or get there late (like 10am) or expect to wait in a line for a LONNNGGG time or park in BFE.

i went once last september and it'll probably be the only one i go to, thankfully i got there late and people had already started clearing out, but i hear of hour+ long waits idling to get into the already full parking lot.

nope, not fo me

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            you probably already know this but either get there EARLY (read like 6:30am) or get there late (like 10am) or expect to wait in a line for a LONNNGGG time or park in BFE.

i went once last september and it'll probably be the only one i go to, thankfully i got there late and people had already started clearing out, but i hear of hour+ long waits idling to get into the already full parking lot.

nope, not fo me
                            we went last month, got there at 7 am and waited 45 minutes only to be turned away cause the lot was full. It did start opening up with spots around 11 though.

I am planning on leaving the house at 5 in the morning. Shitty thing is I have to work till 11p tonight and be back at work tomorrow at 3p-11p. I am gonna have to find a shady spot for a nap tomorrow.

Comment

• Finally got the Cobra to Cars and Coffee this morning. David (Cobrajet69) and I met up at about 5:30 and pulled into the parking lot at 6:15. There was hardly anyone there but the lots started to fill up over the next hour. The show was great. Got to meet a few of our board members which is always cool.

Mine next to David's

The hotter weather and the stop and go traffic in the HEB area got the coolant temps to crest 190* today. Actually ran as hot as 205*.

MPG sucked but I playing around (a little). I will say it, I think I might be looking for some smaller injectors and a 93oct tune and maybe METH. Stations being as few and far between as they are and the low MPG averages have me scared about doing the Stillwater to Arlington leg of the Power Tour next month. If I don't make any changes I am anticipation it is going to take (4) 5gl containers along with a full tank just to get here on E.

Now lets talk A/C. I am thinking I need to get it done before the trip. The heat is not going to bother me, BUT my pregnant wife might take issue. Who can make custom lines off of the car and not butcher my stuff. I am thinking if I can mount the condensor, compressor and pull the fenders and bumper they can have the car to build the lines and charge it up. Anyone have any ideas on who to take it to for this?

Comment

• Any AC shop should be ably to do it, but I don't know anyone here.
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X