e36 LSx track car build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
    Vorshlag had some blem headers recently at a $450 discount. Maybe check if they have any left.
    Hmm, maybe. I'm just unsure if I want to buy those expensive ass headers or just do a small turbo setup. I'm shooting for a budget on this one, but I don't want to buy long tubes and then not use them.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      Hmm, maybe. I'm just unsure if I want to buy those expensive ass headers or just do a small turbo setup. I'm shooting for a budget on this one, but I don't want to buy long tubes and then not use them.
      Considering you can get these cars down to 2600lbs pretty easy, I don't think the extra 20hp afforded from LT's is necessary. A stock LS1 is going to make that thing boogie! keep it simple and cheap....that will translate to the most fun!

Comment

bolt in cage?

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          Considering you can get these cars down to 2600lbs pretty easy, I don't think the extra 20hp afforded from LT's is necessary. A stock LS1 is going to make that thing boogie! keep it simple and cheap....that will translate to the most fun!
          Is there are OEM manifold set that will clear the steering linkage?

Comment

honestly don't know much about the swap. was just offering advice to keep it simple. Already your question tells me that simple is not to be used in this swap! LOL!

Comment

Looking at swap kits. Mang looks to be pricey son.
              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnc View Post
                I'm going to try to get a hold of him today.

Nope and in the later cars abs is an issue as well.

Got all of the clutch parts last night, looks as though I'll be able to drive it for a bit while I gather the swap parts.

The m3 body parts are set to arrive the 8th.
                Last edited by VaderTT; 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM.
                Ded

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                  Looking at swap kits. Mang looks to be pricey son.
                  Yeah, they are expensive! I'm only getting mounts though, everything else will be sourced locally.
                  Ded

Comment

Yeah. Seems the mounts would be a pain to do from scratch.
                    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                      Yeah. Seems the mounts would be a pain to do from scratch.
                      Nah, they wouldn't be bad, I just lack the fabrication tools and I'm a little rusty.
                      Ded

Comment

I still think a small turbo/header, a fuel system, radiator and FMIC and you are good to go for a TON less than the swap....but LSX swap cars can be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                          I still think a small turbo/header, a fuel system, radiator and FMIC and you are good to go for a TON less than the swap....but LSX swap cars can be fun.
                          Nah, I've had a lot of these and a turbo build the way I want (i.e. 500+hp) would cost around as much. Still thinking about it though, I've been watching too many turbo'd e36 vids on youtube.

So I test fitted the M bumper and threw the BMW motorsport mouldings, some new window trim and seals on tonight. It got dark before I thought to take pictures though

I'll be having Shagginwagon get the fender, bumper and new hood (when I get it) painted soon.

Bumper partially mounted.

Bumper comparison.

Bimmer world HD clutch, PP, TOB and misc. new bolts, rear main seal and flywheel seal. I do plan on driving it with the M50B25 for a bit as it's a great sounding peppy little motor. Still need to start gathering the swap parts, after that there will be no turning back.

Next week I'll be ordering the D-force ltw wheels. The M-parallels are too hard to find in my offset range (+32-40).
                          The OEM wheels are +13 in the front and +25 in the back, plus they are staggered, so they'd stick out a ton. I'll be starting to strip the interior also, but I have to get the clutch job out of the way first.
                          Last edited by VaderTT; 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM.
                          Ded

Comment

Updates negro?!

Comment

Not much of one, I'm working on the Volvo dd and the new baby takes all my spare time at the moment. I'll post something soon. Right now I'm rebuilding the 3.38lsd and m3 subframe, doing the exterior stuff and refinishing my ds1 bmw motorsport wheels.
                              Ded

Comment

update?
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X