Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    dui?
    No sir. I don't drink and drive. Tickets. Apparently, when you get a certain amount of tickets in a set time, the state will send you a letter (NOT certified) that your license is going to be suspended for 1 year. You have 20 days to respond to the letter, whether you received the letter or not. Once that 20 days passes, the only way to be able to drive is to fork over $2000 and get a court order for an occupational license.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I'm just saying... I mean really. How fucking many do we need? Nick's contained a valid question, so he gets a pass.
      LOL, I know what you're saying, I just don't take this place seriously anymore. Nothing surprises me out of this place any longer. There is ALOT of bandwagon riding sheep on here these days.

Comment

No sir. I don't drink and drive. Tickets. Apparently, when you get a certain amount of tickets in a set time, the state will send you a letter (NOT certified) that your license is going to be suspended for 1 year. You have 20 days to respond to the letter, whether you received the letter or not. Once that 20 days passes, the only way to be able to drive is to fork over $2000 and get a court order for an occupational license.
        That seems pretty harsh for tickets, unless it's insurance type tickets. The occupational thing definetly sucks.

Comment

That seems pretty harsh for tickets, unless it's insurance type tickets. The occupational thing definetly sucks.
          No insurance ticket gets you a surcharge of $260/yr, for 3 years.

You get a pass on the first moving violation. Second, third, fourth, etc each add an additional surcharge of $260/yr for the next 3 years.

It's not enough to just pay the ticket to the city that cited you anymore. Now the State has their greedy fucking hands in your pocket as well.

Comment

LMAO, you must be a speeding maniac.

Comment

LMAO, you must be a speeding maniac.
              As much as I drive, it's bound to happen sooner or later. Some roads are unfamiliar as far as speed limits and shit, especially when you drive on a ton of FM roads like I do. I went like 10 years with no tickets, then I got 3 within a year.

Comment

As much as I drive, it's bound to happen sooner or later. Some roads are unfamiliar as far as speed limits and shit, especially when you drive on a ton of FM roads like I do. I went like 10 years with no tickets, then I got 3 within a year.
                Something doesn't add up, you got all of that punishment for only three tickets?

Comment

Deferred adjudication, defensive driving, and deferred adjudication.....problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Deferred adjudication, defensive driving, and deferred adjudication.....problem solved.
                    Well, thats kind of what I was thinking. Why wouldn't he fight his tickets and/or do something to keep them off his record? Unless it's way more than three tickets. I'm confused.

Comment

Something doesn't add up, you got all of that punishment for only three tickets?
                      Long story, but yes. I'd still have $1000 worth of various fees, had I actually received the letter they supposedly sent, and requested a hearing. But I never received it, and the state couldn't verify that they sent it. Funny, when I send anything to the state, I have to send it certified mail for them to even acknowledge that they received it. Yet, they can suspend your license all willy nilly, and not have to prove anything. Government is grand, isn't it?

The jackass at the DPS even said "We've been hearing that more and more lately" when I told him I didn't receive a letter. I said, "Well, doesn't that tell you you're doing something wrong?" He said "There's nothing I can do about it."

Jackbooted thugs. All of them. Everybody has their hand out. I wonder when the Federal govt is going to get in on this, and start charging their tax.

Comment

Well, thats kind of what I was thinking. Why wouldn't he fight his tickets and/or do something to keep them off his record? Unless it's way more than three tickets. I'm confused.
                        One of them was deferred. One I completely forgot about, so by the time I realized it, it was too late to do deferred or defensive driving. I had no choice but to pay the fine and move on. The other one isn't complete yet, but will be deferred if I can't get it dropped.

That said, when you do deferred, the municipality STILL sends paperwork to the state. When the state receives it, they review your driving record. If there is something on there they don't like, they will suspend your license for a year. Like I said, you have 20 days from the date on the letter to request a hearing, or appeal it, but if you don't receive a letter, you're SOL and under an automatic suspension for 1 year.

Comment

So basically they just treated you as some guy who FTA'd and threw the book at you. That sucks. Expensive lesson to learn.

Comment

So basically they just treated you as some guy who FTA'd and threw the book at you. That sucks. Expensive lesson to learn.
                            Ah, well. It's only money, right?

Truth be told, I had gone so long without tickets and shit, I had no fucking clue what the Driver's Responsibility Program was, or that surcharges even fucking existed, until all this came about. It's a big scam. That's why that amnesty thing is going on right now. They're trying to scrape up every last penny before a class action lawsuit is filed, and the whole bill is deemed to be Unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              They are calling for 8-11 inches here over the next 24 hours.
                              Brent is also calling for 8-11 inches!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                                Brent is also calling for 8-11 inches!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

god bless.
                                In your mouth!

Comment

Working...
                                X