1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
    I am digging the brushed finished, very nice touch in my opinion.
    x2 Looks professional. I'm still trying to figure out how it was done.

Comment

Dad spun cap and wheel on the hub while I held a scotchbrite pad against the outer ring.

Comment

I painted the wheels this morning. I think the cap looks alright on them, maybe paint the bowtie white.

Comment

Looks nice!!!

Comment

White bowtie will be icing on the cake. Nice project.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              White bowtie will be icing on the cake. Nice project.
              Yessssssssss!

Comment

Meh.. I'm not feeling it. Nice work, though.

Comment

Care to explain what you are not feeling? I always appreciate good honest criticism.

Comment

We had two of tires mounted to double check the fender clearance in the front before purchasing the remaining three.

They clear, but hopefully the ride height comes down a good bit as we get more weight in it.

Comment

I finished the steering and parking brake after finally finding a set of CTS manifolds. When a flanged bushing shows up I can complete the column shifter to 4l60e system.

My Dad picked up the rest of the tires,had them mounted, and also modified the spare tire mount for the new bolt pattern.

By chance the mechanical fan lines up with the factory shroud. My dads 51 uses the mech fan and its been great even with A/C. Happy it fits.

I have exhaust parts ordered so that should start once the shifter is done.

Comment

I had not planned to but ended up painting the interior. Its a silver with a little more blue than what was there from the factory. I finished the exhaust and just got the transmission back from being rebuilt. Everything is going back in the chassis right now and we should have the cab back on next week some time.

Comment

Love this build. Growing up our beater truck was a '56. I can still hear those doors creek and that old starter!

What fuel tank is that? Love the patina, looks perfect. My vote is black bow tie on the caps.

Comment

Tank is from a chevy g20 van.

I forgot to add that my dad also finished building out the doors last week. Glass, locks, and seals are all done on them.

EDIT: I welded in the O2 bungs, painted, and installed the exhaust just now.

Last edited by NoClassic; 10-31-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I decided to go ahead and fill the holes we didnt need in the firewall. It got paint along with a few small interior pieces that needed to be black. I also wrapped up a few small items on the chassis so the cab can go back on this week. Next is going to be wiring and bending the last section of fuel line up to the rails.

Comment

im loving this build! i so want to see it in person when its done, reminds me of my old 64 stepside chevy i had for a number of years

Comment

Working...
                                X