FATHERFORD's 2014 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FATHERFORD's 2014 Mustang GT

Long story short both my parents passed away recently. When I put my father in hospice, he told me to get a new truck, a new car hauler, and build me up a race car to do a burnout in his asshes....

So a few days after he went onto hospice I went out got a 2015 F-350, 20' car hauler, and a 2014 Mustang GT.

I then immediately called HPP and put the plans in motion for my car. They set me up with a list of mods.

Built shortblock:
    Sleeved Block
    Boss crank
    Oliver Billet Rods
    JE Pistons with upgraded rings
    Zero balance
    Billet Oil Pump Gears
    Ported factory heads
    Stainless Steel Valves
    All ARP fasterners
    etc.
    Built Transmission from Circle D
    Circle D Torque Converter
    Fuel System:
    Fuel lines
    Fuel Filter
    Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Fore Triple Hat
    3 Walbro 485's
    Fuel Rails
    Wiring Kit
    All fittings etc.
    ID2000 Injectors
    Turbo/Exhaust System:
    Hellion Twin Turbo system
    Ceramic Coated
    Polish housings
    Pypes Offroad H-Pipe
    Magnaflow Comp Series Cat back
    Gauges:
    E Boost 2
    Aeroforce Dual Guage Setup
    Roush Gauge Pod
    Speed of Sound Dual Gauge Pillar
    Rear end:
    Custom Fabricated Ford 9" housing with back brace
    35 Spline Axles
    35 spline wave track
    Aluminum 3rd member
    3.50:1 gears
    Gloss Black
    all options
    one piece drive shaft for 9" setup
    Suspension:
    Ford Racing P Springs
    Koni Adjustable Shocks/struts
    Maximum Motorsports C/C plates
    Steeda Billet Lower Control Arms
    Steeda Adjustable Upper control arm with bracket
    Steeda Adjustable Panhard bar
    Brakes:
    Wilwood Dual Rear Caliper Brake Kit(wilwood wouldn't make them for me, sticking with stock style.
    Wilwood Superlite 6R front big brake kit(13")
    Willwood Brake lines (front/rear)
    Wheels/Tires:
    SVE Drift II 19x9 in the front and 19x10 in the back.
    Nitto NT05's 275 fronts 305's rear
    Misc:
    BMR Tubular Radiator Support
    BMR K-member
    BMR A-Arms
    BMR lower chassis brace
    Accubfab 84.5mm throttle body
    Fluidyne 3" radiator
    CDC Performance Grill
    Roush Lower Grill Delete
    10 Point Cage
    Lots of DYNO Tunes(SCT X4)

I called my buddies, mainly Mike Cotter, at LRS(I grew up and raced with most of the employes there as I lived in waco over 20 years) and placed an order for the wheels/tires/suspension components. They had the catback, and grill accessories in stock so I figured why not.

Went up to waco the weekend after my father passed to pick up the parts. Mike Cotter, another friend, and I went to work lowering the car and putting the suspension on. Came out with this...

This past week I ordered everything else from LRS and HPP except the engine/transmission/cage. I plan on getting those done in January. Now it's the waiting game for parts to get in.

My ultimate goal is to have a completely reliable 1200+rwhp street car. I want to be able to do dragweek and the power tour in this car and not have to worry.

Manny and the HPP staff have been awesome working with me and answering all my questions. LRS has be straight up awesome as well. Two very stand up companies.
    Last edited by FATHERFORD; 09-30-2014, 10:54 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Sorry about your parents passing away. But cool way he wanted you to spread his ashes. Also that Mustang look so bad ass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
      Sorry about your parents passing away. But cool way he wanted you to spread his ashes. Also that Mustang look so bad ass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      Yes my mother(59) lost her battle with breast cancer, and dad lost his battle with bladder cancer(64). I'm still way bummed about it. Dad and I hung out all the time, worked on cars, and had plans to do the power tour together etc.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

Sorry for your loss, as stated that is a cool way to spread his ashes and it is good to see you following through with it. Great looking rig and car, I will be excited to see the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
          Yes my mother(59) lost her battle with breast cancer, and dad lost his battle with bladder cancer(64). I'm still way bummed about it. Dad and I hung out all the time, worked on cars, and had plans to do the power tour together etc.
          Damn man, really sorry to hear that. My pops is 62 this year and mom will be 60. Can't/Don't want to think about losing them. Cool way to honor him, sorry you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Damn man, really sorry to hear that. My pops is 62 this year and mom will be 60. Can't/Don't want to think about losing them. Cool way to honor him, sorry you have to.
            Cherish every last moment you can. I still want to just call my parents up to just talk and BS.

Comment

Man, my parents called at 5 and asked me and the wife to dinner, we already had other commitments. I will take them to dinner tomorrow in memory of your parents. Nice vehicles.

Comment

Cherish every last moment you can. I still want to just call my parents up to just talk and BS.
                This hits home. I am truly sorry for your loss and I wish you the best in your journey from here on out.

You have exquisite taste in your vehicles, so I think you'll be just fine.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Awesome way to honor your father.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Sorry about your loss...and that is cool of your pops to request that.

I couldn't picture my life with out mine
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I never met your father but you always told stories about the cars ya'll worked on. This seems like a very fitting send-off.

Need anything in the Waco area don't hesitate to hit me up.
                      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

When I put my father in hospice, he told me to get a new truck, a new car hauler, and build me up a race car to do a burnout in his asshes....
                        Great story, thank you for sharing.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Sorry to hear about your parents.

On a lighter note, this is a pretty badass tribute. I saw those wheels the other day and didnt know if I would like them or not, and they really work on that car.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

On a lighter note, this is a pretty badass tribute. I saw those wheels the other day and didnt know if I would like them or not, and they really work on that car.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

I'm not a black wheel fan at all, but for some reason they really work on this car.

Comment

Working...
                              X