Miata + 10k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Come stretch it's legs at the autocross in a couple of weeks. Looking good!
    Where at?
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Where at?
      Texas Motor Speedway

I am going to the next NTAXS event, cost is $40, post up if you are interested. Course Map http://www.ntaxs.com/uploads/2/5/5/1/25513290/tms_bus_lot_-_ntaxs_20150725.png
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Damn it I got to work that weekend or I would. I was looking at COTA and the Ranch but haven't nailed anything down yet.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I was looking at COTA and the Ranch but haven't nailed anything down yet.
          Both good options You may want to hit a few autox events first before you spend the big money.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

A little disappointed but a header swap should help the numbers a lot. Just wanted a baseline and to see what this thing does with stock exhaust. May have a cat issue andddd my tuner is not happy with the crankcase set up. He could pull more out of it for sure but the cars have a air leak in a actuator he tunes around, and the PCV system opens up in some instances.

Had it aligned. 2.6 camber in the front, 2.1 in the back with just a hair of toe in. She is fairly lively now and tracks straight.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Did you dyno during an earthquake?

Comment

That's a special J. Fox Dyno.

What's the weight on it again?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  That's a special J. Fox Dyno.

What's the weight on it again?
                  2200 lbs. On one of those the car down shifted on him. May have loosened the straps a tad for that one and the next one.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Well boys I think I found one issue at least, and while I am at it I figured I would slap on my new stuff. I wonder how much HP this cost me on the dyno and I wonder if how bad my mid pipe is contaminated. Prob the reason my mileage is suffering a bit also. These stock manifolds really hate boost don't they!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Well since they don't make an aluminum radiator with the AT cooling port I decided to separate the systems out. The water temps were dragging the AT temps up and never cooling back down well. What a royal pain that was installing a new radiator. Ok so I am undecided at this point, however the hard part is done. I was worried that to big of a tranny cooler would affect my temps. Well with the new CSF radiator that is not a problem. Tonight I drove it for an hour and never saw over 215 on the tranny temps. My WT was outstanding and usually in the 188 to 192 range and I haven't even looked to see if the system needed anymore coolant after the first fill. My tranny temps in town for the first 30 minutes where great at around 152. They did a very slowly climb to about 203 and hovered there the rest of the night varying from 201 to 215 max. I only saw 215 once when I was hammering it in 2cnd 3rd and 4rth. Once I backed off it backed back down to 205, something it would have never done with the stock system. Almost the same ambient temps I was running in the other night so I would say a huge step in the right direction. My problem was the radiator was running so cool it hardly ever turned on the fans. I let it run while I was getting gas about 45 minutes in and when the car hit 207 the ATT was 208, and both dropped immediately. I think it might have worked better centered but that dang PS cooler line was in the way. That cooler being 1.5 inches was almost to thick also. If it had been 1 inch I could have put it anywhere. Still tempted to pull my fog light and move it over there with a fan and a air box, or I may just get a bigger 1 inch job that I can put closer to the center. Hell I almost moved my KW cooler over to the left and mounted the B&M just like it. Really though I am happy with the results as it use to stay around 217 at the lowest before and it got there fast. Not to mention my WT was always higher than I liked in the 215-225 range not even driving hard. Time to hit the dyno again now and hope for 250 plus at the wheels.

Last edited by kingjason; 08-26-2015, 10:44 PM.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Wanna race? I only make 70hp at the wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          It's karma for not returning texts.
                          ? Sir not once have I not returned your text.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                            It's karma for not returning texts.
                            who needs ashley madison???

Comment

Success!
                              95 today with a bit of humidity. In town and out it was averaging between 169-178. I drove it around town and then to Costco a few cities over again by highway. Then I purposely drove it back through town about three cities over averaging 178. Jumped up on the highway and it was running about 175 again. Ran it hard a few minutes and with a full load of groceries the highest I saw was 185. This was A/C off so the fans were running at normal cut on and off. It was at 181 after my highway run in town so for scientific purposes I flipped the AC on. Dropped the tranny temps back to 171 again. Water temps varied from 190 to 215 I think was the highest I saw Now I did let it sit in the garage with the A/C on high while I unloaded groceries and milled around a little. Probably 15 minutes or more. Got in the car and the WT was at 224 with the tranny still at 171. Flipped off the A/C and right back down she went. Tomorrow I need to get my header blanket in I bet the heat soak was attributing to that. Oh and do not use the cheap square tab looking cooler zip ties. Absolutely crap. The difference between the Hayden and the square tab one was remarkable. The square ones wouldn't lock at all and broke when flexed to much. Absolute trash. The Hayden I couldn't pull apart if I tried.

Oh yeah, it left about a 1/8th of an inch. LOL Woot woot. Heck the big tube on the side of the condenser is not much higher then that. Maybe another 1/8th inch. Oh and the barbs on this thing matched the hose from the transmission way better and fit a lot tighter.

There is also room for a fan on the right side if someone so chose to go that route. Have seen zero need for it though.

May go this route in the winter and then see how it pans out in summer if my temps stay too low or something. Although I would rather have that problem then the opposite. I did not like the look of the Tru Cool thermostats and the reviews were sketchy. I know my Ford FX4 was in the 140-150's the other morning for a long way down the highway. From what I have read anything over a 100 -120 is fine. Who knows though not a lot of threads on coolest tranny temps to run! Like I said I want better then factory temps and supercharged with the automatic. If your going to build one build it right.

[/QUOTE]
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Car is still running flawless. Trans temps are spot on with zero issues. Just going to throw this up here. Same exact set up and tuner as mine except for the auto. I just haven't had time to get back to the dyno after straightening out the jacked up exhaust and upping the tune. I think I am done with it and going to put it on the track soon. I have a buddy that apparently has the hook up at some of the road courses in Texas. This guy was only hitting 190 ish at first before we figured out the pulley situation, blown cats, belt routing, and some air leaks in the factory intake.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X