Signs an Interview Went Well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs an Interview Went Well...

So, things at my nutrition shop are going well and I'm decreasing my presence since I am satisfied with the people I have in place there.

I went looking for another source of income, not really out of necessity, but I don't want to miss a solid opportunity if something is available.

I had an interview today with an investment firm and I feel like things went well; the interview really turned into an open forum, it was 90 minutes long, I was showed around the office (5 people), the COO who interviewed me was really on board with what I was saying and even said I answered the questions posed perfectly, we discussed a base salary, I got business cards and I really had a feeling that everything was great.

The kicker is that a second interview, or the next step in this process was not discussed. Is that odd, or the status quo for this situation?

I guess just not knowing is driving me crazy, but what are signs that yall look for that an interview went well?
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

How long ago was it? It is a bit odd to not talk about what comes next, and when to expect it. Good luck!

Comment

It was this afternoon.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

You got business cards? You mean from the interviewee or they gave you your own cards?

Comment

From the interviewer, sorry I didn't clarify.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I would wait a couple days and follow up with them. Don't wait too long for them to call you back, especially since you think it went so well.

Comment

What role at what kind of investment firm?
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                The kicker is that a second interview, or the next step in this process was not discussed. Is that odd, or the status quo for this situation?

I guess just not knowing is driving me crazy, but what are signs that yall look for that an interview went well?
                When they turned it around to you, did you specifically ask about the next steps in the process or what to expect?

Comment

Not a closer...

Always ask for the order, no matter what you are doing. Never leave an interview if you, yourself haven't pointedly asked for the job. Lots of hiring managers and HR personell expect people to interview for positions even if they don't expect to get the job...some actually interview just for the experience. Even if as simple as asking "when can I start?"...shows them you truly are there because you want the job.
                  GIFSoup

Comment

Sounds good, but unless you got a BJ from your future secretary, I would take nothing for granted. I'd give them a call by the end of the week. Out of sight, out of mind.

Comment

Perhaps it went well enough to not warrant a second interview. Maybe HR is getting your offer paperwork together.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

ALWAYS establish next steps before leaving. Close every step of the process.

You need to follow up via email to clarify next steps ASAP. If no response within 24 hours, call.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                          Perhaps it went well enough to not warrant a second interview. Maybe HR is getting your offer paperwork together.
                          He has a good point. When I interviewed for the job I have now, there was no discussion of a 2nd interview when I left. The next morning, they called & made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Comment

Send a thank you note as well. I send email and hand-written notes...you'd be amazed how many people don't even do this.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Send a thank you note as well. I send email and hand-written notes...you'd be amazed how many people don't even do this.
                              I was amazed by how many people have no clue about cover letters, proper resume format, and thank you notes! The plus side is that you easily weed out the people who are unemployed for a reason.

They taught us those basics in high school. That don't even touch on that anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X