TCU QB Trevone Boykin charged with assault after arrest in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU QB Trevone Boykin charged with assault after arrest in San Antonio

Trevone Boykin allegedly charged at officers --- leaving one with laceration injuries --- before San Antonio police arrested the TCU starting quarterback outside a San Antonio bar early Thursday morning, according to a preliminary police report obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

TCU coach Gary Patterson announced that Boykin and wide receiver Preston Miller were suspended from Saturday’s Alamo Bowl for violating team rules.

"We are disappointed in their actions and apologize to the TCU Horned Frogs Nation, Valero Alamo Bowl and the city of San Antonio,” Patterson.said in a statement.

Boykin was charged with assault on a public servant, a third-degree felony that carries a minimum of two years and a maximum of 10 years in prison. He also could face resisting arrest and public intoxication charges.

The altercation occurred at the bar Pat O’Briens, located a mile away from the Alamodome where the Horned Frogs face Oregon on Saturday.

Boykin was scheduled to go before a magistrate Thursday morning. HIs bond has been set at $5,000, according to Bexar County Sheriff's Department's online records.

Boykin allegedly fought employees of the bar as they attempted to throw him out, according to the report. The altercation spilled out onto the sidewalk.

“(Boykin) was very aggressive and was being held back by the group that he was with,” one officer wrote. “Members of his group stated they would get him back to the hotel they were staying at. “

Boykin then allegedly charged at one of the officers that arrived at scene and began “swinging” at other several officers, according the report. Boykin continued to struggle as he was taken to the ground before one officer threatened to tase him. He was eventually taken into custody.

Damn this is ugly. The Big 12 looks like shit.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

What an idiot. Obviously can't hold his alcohol

Comment

Holy shit!!!
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

That game was rigged big time!! When you see a Qb on that phone he's not talking to any coaches. They threw that game

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
            That game was rigged big time!! When you see a Qb on that phone he's not talking to any coaches. They threw that game

Comment

lmao

Comment

rigged I tell ya rigged!!! So many people got fucked betting Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                X