No announcement yet.

Jade’s 66: father/daughter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. Guess I should sell it and get her a Camry.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Nah, i didn't realize you could do metal work.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Nah, i didn't realize you could do metal work.
        I can't, but here I go.

Comment

Those do come from the factory with pre-dented rear bumpers.

Nice work dude.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Those do come from the factory with pre-dented rear bumpers.

Nice work dude.
            Thanks man! Good to see you around.

Hahah, yes they do. I inherited my moms old Highlander (the Camry is SUVs) that I use as a daily, and it game with a Camry dent too.

Comment

butt weld with a tig if possible .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                butt weld with a tig if possible .
                Tig is going to be a real challenge. I have no experience with that kind of rig, so I would likely need to hire that out, which really isn't in the budget. I'm probably looking at a thousand tiny welds, moving slowly to stitch it together and try not to warp anything. Then proceed to the grinder and paint that makes me the welder I ain't.

Comment

This is my first post acknowledging this Blake, but man is that cool. Very cool to have a project with your daughter, and especially one like that. I'm hoping someday to have the same type of project with either my daughters or my son. :thumbsup:

Comment

Thanks man! Maybe you can learn from some of my mistakes, lol.

Comment

Have you thought ahead to braking upgrades yet? My front discs were refreshed this weekend, and the rear drums need a complete overhaul. i think i'll look into a Mustangsteve rear disc conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        Have you thought ahead to braking upgrades yet? My front discs were refreshed this weekend, and the rear drums need a complete overhaul. i think i'll look into a Mustangsteve rear disc conversion.
                        I have. Time will tell, but I may hand the Granada’s down to the kid and do a Mustang Steve thing on the front. Something that will fit within 17’s. I’m thinking the SN95 Cobra brakes would be cool.

Comment

I wish Vintage Venom was still around. FAR better kit than Mustang Steve's. They guy was rude to me from the first minute I called asking questions and seeking help.

I'm running 2007 GT front and rear discs on my 66'.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                            I wish Vintage Venom was still around. FAR better kit than Mustang Steve's. They guy was rude to me from the first minute I called asking questions and seeking help.

I'm running 2007 GT front and rear discs on my 66'.
                            Wait, Steve was rude to you? I met him probably 10 years ago at his house in Flower Mound. He was super nice.

Comment

Wait, Steve was rude to you? I met him probably 10 years ago at his house in Flower Mound. He was super nice.
                              Oh yeah, granted this was back in 2007 to 2008 or so, I had bought the kit but it wasn't fitting real well with the 2007 GT calipers/rotors. I called him and he got really snippy with me and had a very negative tone.

Don't know if he was having a bad day or what. Really came across like a jerk. I was having problems with the hub centric rings not going in well.

I ended up using his kit plus the Vintage Venom kit and together they worked perfectly.

Comment

Quick suggestion: get the car nice and level, when you cut the quarter off and don’t move the car until the new quarter is welded on. Leave as much of the car assembled like door and trunk lid
                                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X