No announcement yet.

Woot woot! New house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New houses are way more energy efficient. My total for electricity, has, water, irrigation, and trash is $300 or so a month. It allows you to own a nicer house too.

Comment

My new home is very energy efficient (Green Cert/H.E.R.S.) its 4k sqft and has three A/C units, the one handles the north wing where two bedrooms, the media and game room so it stays at 78* and then central area at 77* and my bedroom area at 74* during the day and 70* at night. My electric bill is $175-$225 during the last two summers. The water bill is never more than $63.xx a month since its just my wife and I, but during the summer when I run the sprinklers it's about $175.xx, not bad compared to my last house in Allen that was built in 2000, that bitch sucked!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        My new home is very energy efficient (Green Cert/H.E.R.S.) its 4k sqft and has three A/C units, the one handles the north wing where two bedrooms, the media and game room so it stays at 78* and then central area at 77* and my bedroom area at 74* during the day and 70* at night. My electric bill is $175-$225 during the last two summers. The water bill is never more than $63.xx a month since its just my wife and I, but during the summer when I run the sprinklers it's about $175.xx, not bad compared to my last house in Allen that was built in 2000, that bitch sucked!
        Man, you live in one hell of a big iguana terrarium!
        77* is where my AC guy better be here right now to fix it lol
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          New houses are way more energy efficient. My total for electricity, has, water, irrigation, and trash is $300 or so a month. It allows you to own a nicer house too.
          Thats what I am expecting now that I figured out the HUGE mistake I made with the sprinkler system. Never had one so had no clue how to set it lol.
          I do keep the house cold though. If I am home its 69* unless its night then it drops to 67*. I command it to go to 75* on week days right before I leave for work and then to chill back down about an hour before I get home. I check it on the app and even on the hot days the house never gets over 73*
          Its almost 5 years old but my last house was like 50 and it was super inefficient.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Our house has 2 AC units, I keep everything 72-73. It’s awesome having tons of insulation so the temperature stays steady.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Man, you live in one hell of a big iguana terrarium!
              It's very nice, my wife and decided to spend our kids inheritance instead of saving it for them to blow, so we are blowing it. Nice big home on 1.3 acres, New Aviator, three Stangs in the stable and trips all over the continental U.S., fuck it! I believe there is a pic of my home in 2020 lawn thread thread.

Having all that stone and brick will definitely help with your power bills too.
              Last edited by Rick Modena; 10-11-2022, 11:28 AM.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Nice! The joke was the temperature. I cant deal with it that warm lol
                BUT I am a fat ass

Comment

I aint had Christmas lights in nearly 30 years! I went simple but dig em!

Comment

Working...
                  X