I just quit my job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
    No just not stupid enough to take a job that my unemployment (when i get laid off with a severence as well) will pay more than that.

Marisa, you should look into doing promotions for some of the moto companies for a side gig.
    Might want to double check your numbers. There is a cap on unemployment. I think somewhere around $350/week is the max you can get. And that's BEFORE taxes are taken out. You can elect to not have taxes taken out, but then you will owe at the end of the year.

Plus, there's something to be said about having *some* work than having none at all. You think it's hard to find a job now, wait til you sit on uneployment for 3 months.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      That is my attitude, rarely will I put my name on something like that. These clowns around here will ask me if I know anyone all that time and I just laugh at them. It isn't that I have no faith in my friends or that I don't like the place, it is the fact that some of the jokers I work with have expectations that are really high and do nothing to diffuse them.

We just hired the cougar and she lives really far up north by Denton. And is a single mom. She comes in late sometimes. These assholes stand around and belly ache about it like it is the end of the world. I tell them they should learn how to interview people properly. But even that is comical for me because I know if she wasn't late they would find something else to cry about. I could get Jesus himself to come in here and do that job and they would say that his hair was too long.
      Yea, but the real question are his tits going to be nice and perky?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Plus, there's something to be said about having *some* work than having none at all. You think it's hard to find a job now, wait til you sit on uneployment for 3 months.
        ^This

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Might want to double check your numbers. There is a cap on unemployment. I think somewhere around $350/week is the max you can get. And that's BEFORE taxes are taken out. You can elect to not have taxes taken out, but then you will owe at the end of the year.

There is more to the situation than I'm willing to put on the board lol. my company will be giving me a nice severence as well. If i leave for something that pays less than i miss out on that. I only have a year and a half of school left. I can live on that, my savings, and my severence and double up on my school. There are many factors to my situation.
          See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Yea, but the real question are his tits going to be nice and perky?
            No, the question is, will he do the job for jack shit wages of $35K and then bust his ass doing all the stupid shit they want. The fuckers push every bit of real work off on this person and pay nothing for it while they go play golf or travel. Then cry about how busy they are.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              No, the question is, will he do the job for jack shit wages of $35K and then bust his ass doing all the stupid shit they want. The fuckers push every bit of real work off on this person and pay nothing for it while they go play golf or travel. Then cry about how busy they are.
              From what I understand jesus quit being a carpenter to roam the countryside. The answer is no.

Comment

I don't mind handing resumes over for people, but I don't say "this is a solid hire" unless we've worked together before and I honestly think you're an asset.

<-- only done that for two others

<<--- hoping to advance to $10.50/hr soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
                  There is more to the situation than I'm willing to put on the board lol. my company will be giving me a nice severence as well. If i leave for something that pays less than i miss out on that. I only have a year and a half of school left. I can live on that, my savings, and my severence and double up on my school. There are many factors to my situation.
                  You just need to include that pic of yourself out by the pool, beer in hand with tattoos and the black swimsuit.

I'm j/k but the cougar had a picture of herself with her resume. Sometimes it gets attention. Usually people just chuckle at it. Either way they remember you.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Hey Al, can you hook a brotha up? I needs to make mo' scrilla!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      From what I understand jesus quit being a carpenter to roam the countryside. The answer is no.
                      He did it for no pay however....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        <<--- hoping to advance to $10.50/hr soon!
                        Once you get to $13 an hour life gets real easy, I been there for a while now. Hoping to get to $16 with the high rollers.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                          He did it for no pay however....
                          Obama was handing out free money back then too?

Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            You just need to include that pic of yourself out by the pool, beer in hand with tattoos and the black swimsuit.

I'm j/k but the cougar had a picture of herself with her resume. Sometimes it gets attention. Usually people just chuckle at it. Either way they remember you.
                            LMAO I have heard people actually attaching videos of themselves to their resumes as well.
                            See you later...

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Once you get to $13 an hour life gets real easy, I been there for a while now. Hoping to get to $16 with the high rollers.
                              Shiiiiii, I could get the Kraft mac n cheese then, with the squishy cheese.... no more powdered stuff for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                Shiiiiii, I could get the Kraft mac n cheese then, with the squishy cheese.... no more powdered stuff for me.
                                The powder is better IMO
                                See you later...

Comment

Working...
                                X