No announcement yet.

Grapevine Ford Customer For Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides cosmetic what is the difference between this 427 and a GT?

Bad ass car btw!
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Nice! Stage 3 is supercharged?
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        the ford edge is nice!

god bless.
        Love my 2011 Edge from Grapevine Ford!
        Mustangs previously owned:
        1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
        1992 LX AOD
        1993 LX Drag Car
        1995 GTS
        1997 Cobra
        2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
        Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
        2016 Honda Accord Touring
        2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post

Bad ass car btw!
          Basically a baby blower.

Look on the firewall on the passenger side for a little black box with vacuum lines running to the blower bypass and I think two wires to the main loom to the computer. IF it's there, it's Roush little black box that keeps the engine "safe"...LOL! It won't let you make two hard pulls in a row. It knocks off at least 80RWHP!
          Maybe this one has it removed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Nice! Stage 3 is supercharged?
            If it's a 427R........yup
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post

Bad ass car btw!
              Roughly 120 hp.... 427 R are rated at 435HP.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                Roughly 120 hp.... 427 R are rated at 435HP.
                LOL.............ran cold and at the crank!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill View Post
                  Basically a baby blower.

Look on the firewall on the passenger side for a little black box with vacuum lines running to the blower bypass and I think two wires to the main loom to the computer. IF it's there, it's Roush little black box that keeps the engine "safe"...LOL! It won't let you make two hard pulls in a row. It knocks off at least 80RWHP!
                  Maybe this one has it removed.
                  Does it do anything else besides that? In otherwords, if we remove that from my dad's 427R will it cause any other issues?

I've driven it a few times and it never kept me from pulling on it hard... what does it consider two hard pulls in a row? Is it within a certain time frame?
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

LOL.............ran cold and at the crank!
                    The gt is rated at 315 ran cold and at the crank also.

These cars hate heat soak and that supercharge creates a ton of heat under the hood.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Tell your wife to support our country and buy an American vehicle, look at the new Edge and Explorer with the I-4 Ecoboost powertrain.
                      I would patriotically agree, but I would dare say that the Honda would give more years of service than the Ford. I know I need the flame suit, but Honda makes a damn fine product. One of the techs at my friend's Honda/Acura shop has 350,000 miles on an Accord and it still gets almost 30 mpg.

With that said, I'd buy another Edge. My wife's Edge is really nice. When we bought it, the Honda dealer wanted to screw us on trade in, so we went back to Ford. Also, the Edge had about a 100 HP advantage on the CRV.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        I would patriotically agree, but I would dare say that the Honda would give more years of service than the Ford. I know I need the flame suit, but Honda makes a damn fine product. One of the techs at my friend's Honda/Acura shop has 350,000 miles on an Accord and it still gets almost 30 mpg.

With that said, I'd buy another Edge. My wife's Edge is really nice. When we bought it, the Honda dealer wanted to screw us on trade in, so we went back to Ford. Also, the Edge had about a 100 HP advantage on the CRV.
                        My coworker's acura transmission just went out for the 2nd time at 140,000.... to the tune of $5,000. I'll stick with Ford.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Does it do anything else besides that? In otherwords, if we remove that from my dad's 427R will it cause any other issues?

I've driven it a few times and it never kept me from pulling on it hard... what does it consider two hard pulls in a row? Is it within a certain time frame?
                          Strange thing is some have them and some don't. Time frame would roughly be from 0-20 min for sure.
                          Roush may have got smart and added or relocated a IAT sensor to after the blower to get rid of the box. Never went into it that much to find out. The little blower heats up pretty damn quick, hence the need for a box or a IAT sensor after the blower to sense the actual temps of the air going into the blower.

It's an ok kit with a warranty. A 2.3 Whipple would be a better pick if ya ask me.
                          Look around the battery box for this.
                          If it has the box, the car would need to be tuned if you removed it. If it's an 08 AND has the newer heads, you have a much better plug selection with the conventional ground strap style plug.
                          sigpic

Comment

Strange thing is some have them and some don't. Time frame would roughly be from 0-20 min for sure.
                            Roush may have got smart and added or relocated a IAT sensor to after the blower to get rid of the box. Never went into it that much to find out. The little blower heats up pretty damn quick, hence the need for a box or a IAT sensor after the blower to sense the actual temps of the air going into the blower.

It's an ok kit with a warranty. A 2.3 Whipple would be a better pick if ya ask me.
                            Look around the battery box for this.
                            If it has the box, the car would need to be tuned if you removed it. If it's an 08 AND has the newer heads, you have a much better plug selection with the conventional ground strap style plug.
                            It is an 09 and I'll look next time I am over at his house. I don't think his has it based on my experience driving it.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

It is an 09 and I'll look next time I am over at his house. I don't think his has it based on my experience driving it.
                              I don't recall seeing one on a 09
                              sigpic

Comment

Congrats!

Thank you for the business! You bought an awesome car. I had a great time with you and your wife. Alot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X