Grapevine Ford Customer For Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPURD View Post
    Thank you for the business! You bought an awesome car. I had a great time with you and your wife. Alot of fun.
    hmmmm... what went on in the sales office?

www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      hmmmm... what went on in the sales office?

Some 'negotiations'

He said his wife was real 'Hardcore' when it comes to Finances.

Hell, his screen name even lends to the conclusion.

Originally posted by Bj the Man 1
      the wife is a hardcore when it comes to finances
      Last edited by sc281; 01-19-2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        I would patriotically agree, but I would dare say that the Honda would give more years of service than the Ford. I know I need the flame suit, but Honda makes a damn fine product.
        On the patriot end, it's more to support a company (Ford) who planned soundly in the finance aspect and is now producing a product that is changing the American car market in terms of quality, longevity and fuel economy. American based company and American product is just a bonus!

As for Honda... My roommate and 4 other people I know have had their automatic transmissions GRENADE on them during normal driving. It's after warranty so that's irrelevant however it's an obscene mess: converter locks up the pump and you have a silent total destruction. 2k minimum for a rebuild wince you sure as fuck don't wanna throw another time bomb from the junkyard in it!
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I had a chat with Chaz Gilmore [General Manager (I think) at Grapevind Ford] yesterday afternoon on an issue I had. He works well with others. ...Got my problem resolved to my co-workers' dismay.

I think if you need to deal with him, you will like him, Chaz is a Good Guy! Thanks Chaz!

Cheers,
          Jerrell

Comment

Love it!!!

Comment

I don't really care for the looks of the Roush, especially the graphics on the 427R, but they do seem to be pretty good performers. What do you think of the handling?

For those wondering what's different from a regular GT:
              Built at our own state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing facilities. Roush parts and vehicles will get you to the intersection of style and performance.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Hey, nice overpriced, really slow car you got there. But at least you got one of them fancy limited number deals with it. lol.

As for Honda over Ford reliability, it's nonsense. I'm not biased to any make or model of cars and owned alot of different cars. Our 2003 Mach I has been the best car we have ever owned. We bought the car brand new off the showroom floor at the end of 03. The car is eight years old now with 66k miles and has never given us one single problem. The wife now wants to park it and get a 2011 GT without any reservations because of how well the Mach has treated us. She just wants an auto this time. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  Roughly 120 hp.... 427 R are rated at 435HP.
                  Nioce!
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    As for Honda over Ford reliability, it's nonsense. I'm not biased to any make or model of cars and owned alot of different cars. Our 2003 Mach I has been the best car we have ever owned. We bought the car brand new off the showroom floor at the end of 03. The car is eight years old now with 66k miles and has never given us one single problem. The wife now wants to park it and get a 2011 GT without any reservations because of how well the Mach has treated us. She just wants an auto this time. lol.
                    Ditto, and strange because mine is also right around 66K now. Still running with the original brake pads and clutch too.

Comment

That car is sick. I hate you..
                      <<<---- is a jealous hater...

Comment

how much did you pay for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Hey, nice overpriced, really slow car you got there. But at least you got one of them fancy limited number deals with it. lol.

I love Mach 1s and everything, but you cannot use an 8yr old car with a whopping 66k miles on it for a "reliability" argument. My mom bought a 1991 Acura Legend brand new and sold it 7 years later with 245k miles on it. Zero non-maintenance issues. And my dad bought a 1987 Accord brand new and sold it 13 years later with 230k miles. Or I could use the example of my first car, a '94 Integra GS-R. Bought the car in '02 w/ 134k miles on it, sold it 2.5 years later with 193k miles. And I BEAT on that car. Those are examples of reliability. 66k miles on an 8 year old car isn't. Not knocking your car (I've had two Mustangs... we won't go there), it was just a lousy example.

Comment

Last edited by bjtheman1; 12-01-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

By the way OP, sick car. Some older lady at my mom's old apartment complex had a blue 427R

Comment

Originally posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
                                I love Mach 1s and everything, but you cannot use an 8yr old car with a whopping 66k miles on it for a "reliability" argument. My mom bought a 1991 Acura Legend brand new and sold it 7 years later with 245k miles on it. Zero non-maintenance issues. And my dad bought a 1987 Accord brand new and sold it 13 years later with 230k miles. Or I could use the example of my first car, a '94 Integra GS-R. Bought the car in '02 w/ 134k miles on it, sold it 2.5 years later with 193k miles. And I BEAT on that car. Those are examples of reliability. 66k miles on an 8 year old car isn't. Not knocking your car (I've had two Mustangs... we won't go there), it was just a lousy example.
                                To the OP...that is a bad-ass car, my friend.
                                We have an '05 V6 Accord we bought new, with 173k on it as we speak. 4th set of tires, 3rd set of brakes, one battery, and one tune up at 100k. 25mpg around town, 30mpg on the highway.
                                My daughter has a '98 V6 Accord with 165k, and we don't even want to discuss the lack of care for the car. It's a tank. I thought it would puke for sure, but it just passed inspection and keeps rolling.
                                I have a 2000 5.0 Mountaineer with 160K on it, and I hope it runs forever. It's my work truck and "old reliable". Go figure.
                                I guess great cars can come in all brands.

Comment

Working...
                                X