No announcement yet.

Texas ISD’s Owe Staggering $111.5 Billion in Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway ISD has a beautiful building right by my office, it probably cost $20 million dollars to construct. Pretty good for a city that has a population under 9k.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      Very true but mandatory universal public schools have only been around half as long.

We will also have to agree to a definition of what literacy is before we can argue about this.
      The ability to read and write would be my go to answer, seeing as how that's how the word "literacy" is defined.

the quality or state of being literate… See the full definition

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Midway ISD has a beautiful building right by my office, it probably cost $20 million dollars to construct. Pretty good for a city that has a population under 9k.
        Ha, screw that town and their high ass taxes. Why do they "need" big ass flat screens in the school?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Ha, screw that town and their high ass taxes. Why do they "need" big ass flat screens in the school?
          Think of the CHILDREN. What about the CHILDREN?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Schools are a mini version of government. Whatever they get in "revenue" is squandered and then they need more to buy toilet paper and supplies for the school.

If we tied the pay of school officials to the test results of students and the financial performance of the schools that might help curb the appetite for lavish spending. As it is now it's someone else's money and there is always more to be had so why not spend it?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              Don't forget about underpaying teachers and nurses.
              And IT folks...

Comment

Let's go back to schools that are broken up to fit the community they serve. No more multi-million dollar schools with multi million dollar stadiums?
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                  Schools are a mini version of government. Whatever they get in "revenue" is squandered and then they need more to buy toilet paper and supplies for the school.
                  I do believe the Superintendent of Lewisville ISD just stepped down over something along those lines. Had something to do with a very, very costly, and very disastrous iPad rollout if I recall correctly.

There is SO much waste in my industry. It's a shame I can't expand on just how ridiculous it is. Tens of millions wasted within districts. Statewide it's in the billions.

If we tied the pay of school officials to the test results of students and the financial performance of the schools that might help curb the appetite for lavish spending. As it is now it's someone else's money and there is always more to be had so why not spend it?
                  As long as it's tied to the officials, and not teachers. I have no problem with incentive based pay for teachers in the form of bonuses. But that does create an unfair disadvantage for those teaching in inner city schools, Quinlan, etc.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Lol, check those quotes my ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      Right, and my kid will be taught by a prof phoning in the course from India....
                      Wrong, I guess you've never heard of private schools.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I do believe the Superintendent of Lewisville ISD just stepped down over something along those lines. Had something to do with a very, very costly, and very disastrous iPad rollout if I recall correctly.

There is SO much waste in my industry. It's a shame I can't expand on just how ridiculous it is. Tens of millions wasted within districts. Statewide it's in the billions.

As long as it's tied to the officials, and not teachers. I have no problem with incentive based pay for teachers in the form of bonuses. But that does create an unfair disadvantage for those teaching in inner city schools, Quinlan, etc.

Why the hate?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          And IT folks...
                          Yeah, millions spent yearly with no significant training or pay for the IT staff. If they paid more or trained more, they'd not need to spend millions on new stuff when the old is fine.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Yeah, millions spent yearly with no significant training or pay for the IT staff. If they paid more or trained more, they'd not need to spend millions on new stuff when the old is fine.
                            Districts don't understand that if you pay more for one person salary you wont need to spend as much as in contract labor, because the person on staff has the knowledge to do the task themselves.

I see this problem daily.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              There is definitely a need to trim the fat. It's unbelievable how money just gets wasted. Also, paying more to the people actually teaching should come with a caveat. If you want better teachers, pay them on a merit/reward scale based on performance. There are a number of measures to gauge performance. A teacher that works extra hours, cares for the students, and helps them reach their maximum potential (whether it's SVO genius level or simply learning to write their name) should be paid way more than the one who just shows up to babysit. Incentive pay would really improve education in my opinion.
                              Trimming the fat is a half measure. Unless you tear out the problem at its root, it'll be right back at the first opportunity.
                              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                Unless you tear out the problem at its root, it'll be right back at the first opportunity.
                                sounds a lot like a couple forum members we've had over the years!
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X