No announcement yet.

At long last I obtained my dream car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same kind m of scam happened to a young guy with a Porsche 944S2. I sold him one I had at way under market plus he agreed to buy a set of Techart wheels I had for it too. He still owes me 1k for the wheels which I doubt I will ever get.

That story is over on the Porsche message board too.

Always cash up front and in person I’m used cars. I’ve taken bank checks too, but I always call the bank and verify the check before signing and doing the deal. Even certified checks can’t be trusted anymore.

I’ve done a few fly and drives too but I always take cash in hand and am ready to fly or bus back if I have to.

Comment

10 days SVT. Want to race my AWD beater? You’ve got way more power, but mines a lot lighter, and the location favors light and small a lot.

Comment

If you are in Waco, sure. I already have some kind of race thing I have to go to Saturday night for 800+ whp cars. The Audi is nowhere near that but the Vette is...... kinda. LOL
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          And here was tonight's Draggy times. Wish I would stop finding these damn uphill pulls. LOL

What app is this?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            What app is this?
            Draggy
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

your dreams suck...

Comment

So does your mom

Comment

So does your mom
                  Ha!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I just want a sub 3.8 60-130

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I just want a sub 3.8 60-130
                      I would love anything in the 4s or better. This car will NEVER do that but I think the Vette has a chance if I can plant it by 60. I need to try the drag radials at a lower pressure.

Comment

Oh how I missed your negative nancy-ness. How ya been ya grumpy ol fuck?
                        Ok sorry. I just never thought a 4 door audi would be someone's dream car I guess. You've had so many other cool cars - to each his own. Maybe you wouldn't like my dream car. But you must sell it before the warranty expires. Or you'll pay the ferryman to ferry it's dead german soul back to the fatherland
                        WH

Comment

So I did a thing today. Cut up a perfectly good brand new SRM intake kit.
                          I gotta say, the stage 2 tune really does take advantage of them. Turbo spool is much quicker and the stability light continues to flash in 4th and flashes much more in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
                          Cracked stock intake had to go!*
                          I wasnt a fan of the hot air intake design so I modified the pipes to fit the stock air boxes. I have stock filters in there now but will order the correct K$Ns that fit it today.*

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Ok sorry. I just never thought a 4 door audi would be someone's dream car I guess. You've had so many other cool cars - to each his own. Maybe you wouldn't like my dream car. But you must sell it before the warranty expires. Or you'll pay the ferryman to ferry it's dead german soul back to the fatherland
                            Says a lot about the car. I have been through so many high performance and high end luxury/performance cars that when I drove the S8 for the first time about 4 years ago I felt so at home in the car. It rides like silk when you want it to and at the turn of a knob can go to Mustang stiff. The transmission can shift so you dont feel it or change gears at a lightning fast pace. The seats are superior to any other car I have ever been in and the massagers actually work.
                            The exhaust is nice and quiet for cruising but in Dynamic mode has a nice bark to it.
                            Then there is the fit and finish and the quality of materials inside. Its just such a nice place to be.
                            Add that to the fact that when I do the transmission computer tune the car will do (on a clean road) sub 3 second 60 runs and do mid 10 1/4 mile runs.... well it just does everything I want a car to do.

As for warranty, that ran out long ago. I have no issue working on the car except for two things. The timing chain and AC compressor scare me. So because of that I will be purchasing an extended warranty that will cover those parts.
                            Its the two things I really dislike about the car. Timing chains are on the back of the engine and the AC compressor is in the back and driven off the timing chain with no clutch. So both jobs flag 26 hours and require engine removal. I just dont wanna fuck with it.

Comment

Congratulations dude. Glad to see you living life and leveling up.
                              Car isn’t my style but it’s cool as fuck if that’s what you’re in to.

Comment

I can respect that. Its not for everyone. Its very subtle in its looks and blends in (which I like) so when I beat the crap out of a Camaro the cops will usually go after the Camaro instead of the grandpa mobile. LOL

I still have the Vette for loud obnoxious stupid fast fun. I just have to see the chiropractor after a couple hour cruise in it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X