wheel spacers? ever ran them??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    I figured id just hit it with a torch to get them off. so its not needed?

god bless.
    They're bolted on just like wheels.. Do you loctite your wheels?

Comment

I run a Vintage Venom spacer kit. 1" spacer and new studs to run 99-04 wheels on my Stang. Never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        I run a Vintage Venom spacer kit. 1" spacer and new studs to run 99-04 wheels on my Stang. Never had a problem.
        I just found out they are out of business.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I just found out they are out of business.
          Yeah I was lucky to get them when I did. I kept trying to convince my brother to go ahead and at least buy the parts for his 66'. Even bought him 2003 Cobra calipers for the 13" rotor as a present.

Guess he's stuck on drums for a while.

I actually merged my Venom kit with Mustang Steve's brake kit and now enjoy 4 wheel disc...although without a power booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
            I ran 1" ones on my S10 Blazer with no issues, I never heard anything at the tire shops either. Just don't do like the stance guys and stack spacers, that's just asking for trouble.

Also, I have 1.25" spacers on the 66 to fit my 18's but I had to machine the hub centric portion off because they didn't slip over the fat Granada hubs. That may be a non-issue for you though.
            Did you machine them, or have a shop do it?

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
              Did you machine them, or have a shop do it?
              Anyone with a lathe can do it. You could probably even grind or dremel the hub centric portion out.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                Anyone with a lathe can do it. You could probably even grind or dremel the hub centric portion out.
                Yabut my Dremeling would be nowhere as balanced as some expert attention with a lathe.

Comment

alignment before of after installing spacers or does it make a bit of difference? getting new tires this week, and don't wanna get an alignment twice if i can avoid it.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Spacers do not change your alignment brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                      Spacers do not change your alignment brotha.
                      kinda what i was thinking, but i can also see a case for giving negative camber? prolly not at just 1-1.25 inch spacer like i am looking for but maybe. but then again i am an idiot. thanks!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

No worries brotha, if this is on your Jeep, if so I do not recommend any crazy ass wheeling with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                          No worries brotha, if this is on your Jeep, if so I do not recommend any crazy ass wheeling with them.
                          nah, just a 2wd f150.

god bless.

Comment

Allight!

Comment

Working...
                            X