Think I figured out what replaces the Mustang crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    No, I'm just the guy who is realistic because he has been hearing this bullshit for thirty years. It is like global warming, nothing they say about it ever comes true.
    Great scalping opportunities when the market was hot though. People get fanatical about this shit, so I take their money. ��
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      No, I'm just the guy who is realistic because he has been hearing this bullshit for thirty years. It is like global warming, nothing they say about it ever comes true.

The only constant is change. We can argue about when such a battery will appear on the scene, but it's set in stone that it will. The march of progress never really stops, only gets delayed from time to time. The way things are going in the automotive industry, to me it looks like sooner rather than later. My crystal ball says sometime inside this decade.

Not some magic battery, just one that's significantly better than lithium ion. Vastly more charge cycles before death, much greater cold tolerance, faster charging, more energy density so longer range, no health damage from going below 50% charge, etc. They've already made some crude early versions of a graphene battery:

2:01

➤ Real Graphene Power Bank specs➤ Real Graphene Power Bank review➤ Real world tests of the Real Graphene Power Bank➤ Is the Real Graphene Power Bank worth th...
      WH

Comment

You have to keep it in perspective - 4000 lb performance cars aren’t anything new. My old trans am I used to race with y’all was over 4000 lbs before I stripped it. The lightest I ever got it was about 3,650. In 1979 when it was new it was one of the few performance cars being sold. I think it ran high 15s in the 1/4. I managed to run a 11.99 at the motorplex... once.

What is different is engine technology. Whereas my trans am had a quadrajet and 180 horsepower straight off the showroom floor, today’s performance cars have sophisticated engine management, much more horsepower, and 2x or 3x the gas mileage of that trans am, negating the 4000 lb weight penalty. 11’s or better showroom stock have been done.

This is truly the golden era of the ICE.

Comment

Working...
        X