No announcement yet.

Lost my dad unexpectedly today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.
    Lost my dad when he turned 50 and his health had gotten so bad it ended up being a relief for us not to have to watch him suffer any further. RIP

Comment

Damn man, sorry for your loss. My Dad died several years back, the last few years my stepmonster made sure that we didn't see each other, unfortunate really, but I'm glad I didn't have to see him disintegrate .
      My Grandfather was really more like my Dad and when he died in 2004 that shit hurt like you very well know, but I think about him very often and think about the good times and share lots of stories with my boy about him. It hurt my Son too as hes named after him and had grown to love him as much as I did.

Take care man, it hurts like a mofo, but you'll always have him in your memories.
      Last edited by Rick Modena; 04-22-2021, 10:31 AM.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I am sorry about your father - it is a hard thing when they go without any warning. Take care of yourself right now and let yourself grieve.

My dad went suddenly about 3 years ago - I had just gotten back home from traveling to see him and my mom who was in the hospital. I got a call at midnight telling me he had a heart attack and had passed. I was lucky enough to have gotten to spend a week with him before he went.

Y’all that have parents that are still alive but have troubled relationships with your parents - mend them. You never know when it’ll be too late to tell them you love them.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post

Y’all that have parents that are still alive but have troubled relationships with your parents - mend them. You never know when it’ll be too late to tell them you love them.
          Sorry for the losses in this thread, but I vehemently disagree with this platitude. Entertaining a sunk cost fallacy to reenter a possibly toxic relationship with a person merely because you share DNA is not something an individual needs to risk their own mental health for. None of us asked to get sucked out of oblivion and saddled with consciousness; if your family is a bunch of assholes don't waste your short time here trying to change them.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Sorry for the losses in this thread, but I vehemently disagree with this platitude. Entertaining a sunk cost fallacy to reenter a possibly toxic relationship with a person merely because you share DNA is not something an individual needs to risk their own mental health for. None of us asked to get sucked out of oblivion and saddled with consciousness; if your family is a bunch of assholes don't waste your short time here trying to change them.
            +1.

Comment

Let me clarify - I’m not talking about abusive, toxic, harmful relationships - I’m talking about relationships where some minor tiff has been allowed to grow into a major issue and people have too much pride to back down. There is absolutely no reason to stay in toxic relationships.

Comment

I put my dad in the ground Friday afternoon. It was a hard thing to take as we had become really good friends. My condolences to you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                  I put my dad in the ground Friday afternoon. It was a hard thing to take as we had become really good friends. My condolences to you and yours.
                  fuck man, my condolences.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

My deepest condolences bud

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Sorry for the losses in this thread...

RIP

Comment

None of us asked to get sucked out of oblivion and saddled with consciousness
                            Deep

Comment

Working...
                            X