Craigslist sucks…for buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    The problem with most people out here in the country is trying not to get shot pulling up at a place asking about a vehicle. There’s tons of them though around. My problem is time or lack of it, I don’t have time to drive around and look.
    very true. i can tell you that if it's behind the barn that is a signal it aint for sale. most old trucks have family ties to them and they will set till red dirt .
    last time i went trolling in the country i got dogs put on me and even threatened by an old fart. all my stuff is hidden from the road so i dont get bothered. my gate is usually closed but i dont like strangers coming up my drive either.

Comment

If anyone is interested, this is the Bel Air that slipped away. Like I said, as soon as I saw it had made this site I knew I wasn’t going to get it. The thing that sucks too is now things like this which aren’t very popular (4 door sedan/inline 6, etc) are going quick too. If this was a 2 Dr Impala with a 283 or 409 I could see, but this one? I thought hey it’s cool and unique. Would make a cool cruiser car…

There was a time when ownership of a Chevrolet BelAir put one in the top drawer of GM's entry-level brand. The Impala's 1958 introduction knocked the BelAir back a notch and by the time that this '64 BelAir rolled off of the assembly line it was considered a nice middle-class car for budget-conscious buyers. While...

Comment

No kidding, but when the 2 door cars are astronomical pricing you pick whatever you can.

Comment

follow marketplace. several survivors on there. 7-10k . a few nice ones 12-16k .

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
            No kidding, but when the 2 door cars are astronomical pricing you pick whatever you can.
            Sad truth.

Comment

the recission is here and running full throttle. in the last few weeks the number of cars and boats for sale has increased buy 50 %. toys are the first to go. only problem is the prices are insane. but my guess is folks will take a lot less than asking price. imo it's only going to get worse with winter coming on. propane and natural gas prices are scary . i've got a full tank and 2 cords of wood ready. sometime close to christmas prices will surely drop and be a buyers market.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                the recission is here and running full throttle. in the last few weeks the number of cars and boats for sale has increased buy 50 %. toys are the first to go. only problem is the prices are insane. but my guess is folks will take a lot less than asking price. imo it's only going to get worse with winter coming on. propane and natural gas prices are scary . i've got a full tank and 2 cords of wood ready. sometime close to christmas prices will surely drop and be a buyers market.
                I agree. Im looking to pick up a couple of cars. I ended up with some extra motors and wanna flip them in a car. I see stuff that would work, but the prices are so high I don't even bother trying to deal..

Comment

i' thinking about selling my project instead of building it. just not sure i want to get into it. i have no doubt the economy will come back if we get rid of the marxists running things. but it's a buyers market right now. people will have to come off those prices if they want the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    i' thinking about selling my project instead of building it. just not sure i want to get into it. i have no doubt the economy will come back if we get rid of the marxists running things. but it's a buyers market right now. people will have to come off those prices if they want the cash.
                    Whatcha got? Is this the Falcon?

Comment

no. the falcon is mine. selling the 55 ford truck so i can build my falcon and my brides bronco. i planned on building it and selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                        Sometimes the 4 doors look better than the 2 door version. Like they're correctly proportioned. It's like the doors are too big, makes the whole care look stretched out. Not all 2 doors have good aesthetics.

Plus you get all the advantages of a 4 door.
                        WH

Comment

Hey I'm a fan of 4 doors. Plus I "thought" they weren't popular and I was bucking the trends, but I guess not anymore...

Comment

Working...
                          X