No announcement yet.

Are the classifieds gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think forums could come back as I think there's a growing backlash against Facebook. If this site was advertised and promoted... prolly could come back to a degree. But the old doughebaggery of yesteryear would chase away any newbs like was the tradition before, hence here we are now...plus how much money do you want to pump into this thing, and for what, never been a real money maker except for Chris to my knowledge.

Comment

I still prefer forums, you don't lose the history and knowledge like you do on Facebook as it's too hard to go back and look. Twitter sucks ass, I hate that place. For today's socials I use Instagram to document my car build and stare at hoes, and facebook to see what my friends and family are up to.

Places like this are the best, and if our words chase away new people they didn't belong and wouldn't have lasted anyway.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        I still prefer forums, you don't lose the history and knowledge like you do on Facebook as it's too hard to go back and look. Twitter sucks ass, I hate that place. For today's socials I use Instagram to document my car build and stare at hoes, and facebook to see what my friends and family are up to.
        Agreed.

Insta is my fav, facebook for the groups, dont mess with any other social media

Places like this are the best, and if our words chase away new people they didn't belong and wouldn't have lasted anyway.

...but boy this place was brutal

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          ...but boy this place was brutal
          It was, but that's what was required at the time, by today's standards those poor souls would be dead.

Stevo

Comment

I quit facebook two years ago, never had an instagram, never had a twitter. I had a youtube channel once like in 2006. I used it to upload videos of my mustang on after I put my exhaust on, but I think it got deleted somehow. Oh yeah, and I had a Myspace once too.

I will never leave this site until it dies or I die to which I thought it did die a few months ago lol.

Comment

What is dead may never die!!!

Stevo

Comment

I’m really surprised Canada is still up and running after almost no traffic since the flip.
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  I’m really surprised Canada is still up and running after almost no traffic since the flip.
                  Me too, that place is nothing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I will never leave this site until it dies or I die to which I thought it did die a few months ago lol.
                    <3

Comment

I just closed down a forum that was on a managed host for $300 a month. I don't think this costs that much, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

Tits or GTFO...

But yes, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Tits or GTFO...

But yes, I agree.
                          Pretty sure I paid my tits dues 10 years ago, but I'm too lazy to check my post history.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                            I just closed down a forum that was on a managed host for $300 a month. I don't think this costs that much, but you never know.
                            Yeah, but 300 dollars for what? A board that 15-20 ppl talk on and produces no money, more a liability than a asset unfortunately.

Comment

Yeah, but 300 dollars for what? A board that 15-20 ppl talk on and produces no money, more a liability than a asset unfortunately.
                              It has Bots talking to each other now.. Pretty funny.

Probably doesn't cost much in the grand scheme of things since they own so many forums the cost is probably spread out. Maybe even written off as a loss who knows..
                              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

It originally was a hangout, then morphed to product support, but we moved it all in house.

Comment

Working...
                                X