Homeowner 1 bad guy 0... Plus a little more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowner 1 bad guy 0... Plus a little more

A homeowner fatally shot a man as he climbed through a window and into his home Monday afternoon, Dallas police say.

The bold part made me pause... That's not the normal line you hear from the "victim's" family

A homeowner fatally shot a man as he climbed through a window and into his home Monday afternoon, Dallas police say.

The shooting took place at a home on the 2200 block of Morrell Avenue at about 4:15 p.m.

Police said the homeowner heard a noise inside his residence and shot a man, later identified as 33-year-old Deyfon Pipkins, aka BJ, as he climbed through the window.

"The homeowner heard a noise. He came around the corner, saw the individual trying to climb into the window and according to the law, the castle doctrine, he used deadly force," said Sgt. Calvin Johnson, with the Dallas Police Department.

According to police, the homeowner then called 911. When police arrived, officer's found Pipkins’ body still lying in the window.

Pipkins mother, Catherine, said she had been called to the scene by her daughter-in-law and said the crime sounded like something her son would do.

"Yeah, it's something he would do ... Somebody called me and said my son got shot that's the reason I'm standing here," said Catherine Pipkins. "Somebody called her [her daughter-in-law] and told her he had got shot. She said, 'Momma you need to sit down, they said BJ just got killed.' That's the reason I'm here."

The woman said her son did not live at the home.

Pipkins had a lengthy criminal history in Dallas that included numerous charges for theft, trespassing and possession of a controlled substance.

Police said the shooting is a Castle Doctrine case and the Dallas County Grand Jury will decide whether or not the homeowner faces any charges.

Sneaking in the wrong window for a BJ

Comment

That's his final B&E. Good riddance.

Comment

So can someone help me out on this? Can he shoot him just because he is breaking in or does he have to show he felt threatened with immediate danger?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          So can someone help me out on this? Can he shoot him just because he is breaking in or does he have to show he felt threatened with immediate danger?
          Him breaking in, is the threat. Shoot away!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            He's not there to hand out free hugs.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            Him breaking in, is the threat. Shoot away!
            Exactly!

Comment

Deyfon Pipkins?

Awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                He's not there to hand out free hugs.

Lol right..

Comment

At least his mom admitted that was her son would do. Sounds like she is glad he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    That is the best K&P skit. I have watched it so many times and I still crack up.

Comment

*Burt Gummer* "Broke into the wrong Goddamn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!!"

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That's not the reaction I saw when Fox4 aired it. Some of the family members where whining and crying how the homeowner should have warned the guy he had a gun and would shoot than to just kill him like that. They said he should have given the guy a chance. Sheeeeiiiiit. Thug had 18 pages of criminal history of theft, drugs, criminal trespass. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          That's not the reaction I saw when Fox4 aired it. Some of the family members where whining and crying how the homeowner should have warned the guy he had a gun and would shoot than to just kill him like that. They said he should have given the guy a chance. Sheeeeiiiiit. Thug had 18 pages of criminal history of theft, drugs, criminal trespass. Good riddance.
                          That's what struck me. He was given many chances. It goes to show that it is impossible to talk sense into the Obummer voters. They will never be happy, no matter how much is GIVEN to them.

Comment

now the home owner is stuck cleaning the blood.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                              now the home owner is stuck cleaning the blood.
                              He should send the bill to Deyfon's mamma...
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X