For you Navy guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEB View Post
    Just want to say congrats man on your new career! I think the service is the best place for young men & makes MEN out of boys. My brother got in trouble at 18 & got a DUI & injured his buddy really bad who was in the car with him & the guy to this day 5 years later still has issues from that night. They gave my brother the choice of 2 years locked up or go in the service. He was a knuckle head before he went in the service & had bad habits & didnt know what to do with his life prior to the service. He went through bootcamp & they made him infantry & first tour got his heal shattered riding a troop carrier that went over a IUD & came back to San Antonio & did 6 months picking up & driving familys around San Antonio for other injured service men & went back to his unit & did another tour. I am proud to report he is 23 now & is in College & a Supervisor at UPS & does NG every other month. The service made a man of my brother.
    Thank you. Good for him! Some just need a little guidance and discipline to kick start their life.
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Congrats man, considering joining the navy myself

Comment

Welcome to the Navy nub. You'll figure it out, I went in blind and did just fine. Make sure you have a fall back plan for if you fail out, don't just pick any ole job. Pick one that has a future outside of the Navy and won't have you passing out smiley face stickers at Wal Mart.

BTW, you're about to meet some life long best friends.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Nothing more to add than to reiterate the fact that "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down". Oh, get a copy of the Bluejacket's Manual and study the hell out of it before you go.
          Damn, April will be 20 years since I went to Boot Camp.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Thank you for your service

Comment

I assume you'll be in a "new ship" at boot. If so, the 15 minute prior to reveille thing isn't a big deal. I don't recall the morning fights for a shave being that bad. Taking on leadership in boot camp is a good conditioner for leadership roles later. Stick your neck out, only to have someone take a stab at it.

Personally, I don't think staying middle of the road is a great thing to aspire to. Just don't take things personal when they tell you you're a shit sailor, and your mother should have swallowed. Also realize that if you are going to take leadership, you will be blamed for everyone else's fuckups (such as life in the fleet goes).

As for Spec Ops, its a head thing. People dont tap in the pool, they tap between trainings. Boot camp will be a breeze compared to BUDS, and SERE. Everyone will keep telling you "it gets better at the next step" but the truth is, it just gets different.

Also, letters will mean the world to you in boot camp. They will be your only contact with the outside world. When mail comes, its kinda an odd man out feeling not getting any, and not having anything to send on Sundays. Take an address book. Tell your friends and family it will mean the world to send a letter every week to you. Update you on what is happening, in the news, in pop culture, etc.

And finally...learn how to use an iron...Too many fucktards that cant use one these days...

Comment

Thanks for the responses fellas. Gonna be quite the challenge but I look forward to it!

Comment

Just don't go during winter, fuck lake effect snow and negative temps.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Yeah but Bootcamp in the summer is gonna SUCK
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      I went in January, and it was fucking brutal for a Texas boy. I would think that April would be a pretty key time to go.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                        I went in January, and it was fucking brutal for a Texas boy. I would think that April would be a pretty key time to go.
                        Yea, I got there November 16th.... Sucked balls. At least we free walked everywhere we went.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                          You speak the truth
                          Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                          Also truth, I went Feb. 7, fucking 70 in Texas so I leave in shorts and a hoodie. Get to Great Lakes and it's -12 with wind chill. Sucked massive balls.

Comment

I sign in on tuesday (So I don't know my exact ship date yet) but they said most likely they will have me shipping out in August and by the time I report to BUD/s it should be later on in the winter. No big. I am going to be cold no matter what at BUD/s.

Comment

i left great lakes in november... then went to connecticut till may

Comment

Be prepared for a maximum of 4-6 hours of sleep per night. That usually is the one thing most are not prepared for. Be prepared to be smoked(as a group) at moments notice for one recruits' screw up. Be prepared for the unexpected at all times. Go in thinking there is nothing that is going to stand in your way of succeeding. Listen and follow instructions exactly as you are told.

It'll seem like a long time while you're in the middle of it, but once you get to pass and review week you'll start realizing how close the finish line is. Last but not least, don't do anything stupid that could jeopardize your career, and keep your integrity about you at all times. Peer pressure WILL be a mf'er, so be on guard and make the right decisions when those situations present themselves.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Keep us posted.

Anchors aweigh, my boys, anchors aweigh!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X