No announcement yet.

sorry jerry jones, you missed the all-time attendance record by 766 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Jerry is a fault on this one either.

They made a big deal about "turning the stadium over to the NFL" about 30 days prior to the event.

I suspect had Jerry been more involved, things would have went much better.

mardyn

Comment

im pretty sure they counted the people outside in the whatever plaza. that shit shouldnt count at all.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
        Your an idiot. Jerry is a business man WHO OWNS THE STADIUM. Do you think he was just sitting in the house when one of the most important events is in the area. An event that is biggest thing the metro has seen in the last 50 years maybe 100 years. Yea right "he did nothing".

You are right things that happened outside the stadium arent Jerrys fault, and I never said that. But I know the company that won the security bid wasnt a company before the super bowl and then turned around and outsourced the security to Platinum. Oh and Platinum made its own bid. So some money that could have went into more security staff instead just went into some buisness man's pocket. Another thing Platinum has the contract to do security for the stadium.

Hate? Jealousy? Assume much? Your the one defending a buisness man who couldnt control his own buisness.

As I said in a latter thread "Technical I would say it is the NFLs fault they sold the seats, took the money, issued the tickets, and most importantly they were the ones in control of the stadium. The NFL and Jerry had had ample time to make sure that those seats were available and ready on the day of the game instead of wasting time and resources on the outdoor viewing patio. "

If you think it was the NFL pushing to beat the attendance record your mistaken. That does nothing for the NFL, it does everything Jerry's ego and marketing.

So as buisness man it was Jerry's job to make sure his stadium was running at extended capacity. He knew the amount amount of tickets that had been sold and it was his job make sure people could get in those seats, and watch a game that they traveled hours to watch. So yea Jerry disrespected the fans, Im not saying he was pissing on their family graves disrespect. It's disrespect to the fans because the NFL AND JERRY oversold the event without making sure people could sit in the seats they paid for. Its disrespect because it shows Jerry was more interested in beating some number that means jack squat than the fans.
        I stopped reading after "Your an idiot.". LMAO
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Your an idiot. Jerry is a business man WHO OWNS THE STADIUM. Do you think he was just sitting in the house when one of the most important events is in the area. An event that is biggest thing the metro has seen in the last 50 years maybe 100 years. Yea right "he did nothing".

You are right things that happened outside the stadium arent Jerrys fault, and I never said that. But I know the company that won the security bid wasnt a company before the super bowl and then turned around and outsourced the security to Platinum. Oh and Platinum made its own bid. So some money that could have went into more security staff instead just went into some buisness man's pocket. Another thing Platinum has the contract to do security for the stadium.

Hate? Jealousy? Assume much? Your the one defending a buisness man who couldnt control his own buisness.

As I said in a latter thread "Technical I would say it is the NFLs fault they sold the seats, took the money, issued the tickets, and most importantly they were the ones in control of the stadium. The NFL and Jerry had had ample time to make sure that those seats were available and ready on the day of the game instead of wasting time and resources on the outdoor viewing patio. "

If you think it was the NFL pushing to beat the attendance record your mistaken. That does nothing for the NFL, it does everything Jerry's ego and marketing.

So as buisness man it was Jerry's job to make sure his stadium was running at extended capacity. He knew the amount amount of tickets that had been sold and it was his job make sure people could get in those seats, and watch a game that they traveled hours to watch. So yea Jerry disrespected the fans, Im not saying he was pissing on their family graves disrespect. It's disrespect to the fans because the NFL AND JERRY oversold the event without making sure people could sit in the seats they paid for. Its disrespect because it shows Jerry was more interested in beating some number that means jack squat than the fans.

You're the idiot that doesn't grasp the proper context of your, and you're.

Jerry has NO stake in this. Jerry rented the stadium for $1. The NFL, and NOBODY else, is responsible for the amount of tickets sold. They knew the tickets in the parking lot wouldn't count towards the total number. Nor did Jerry make one red cent off of a single ticket sold. So, this time, sound educated, and explain to me again, what he had to do with any of this, other than campaigning to get a SB here?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

John...you do realize the NFL did claim full responsibility for this fuck up right? As in they said it's all their fault...but no, other retards like you jumped the gun an had a jealous fit of blaming Jerry. You sir...are an idiot.

Check out a few more news articles clearing this up r-tard

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              John...you do realize the NFL did claim full responsibility for this fuck up right? As in they said it's all their fault...but no, other retards like you jumped the gun an had a jealous fit of blaming Jerry. You sir...are an idiot.

Check out a few more news articles clearing this up r-tard
              Exactly. If Jerry was responsible for all this, then why is the NFL refunding THREE TIMES the face value of the tickets? Because it's on them, that's why.

Fucking dumbfuck.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Exactly. If Jerry was responsible for all this, then why is the NFL refunding THREE TIMES the face value of the tickets? Because it's on them, that's why.

Fucking dumbfuck.
                Too bad 3 times the face value won't cover hotel expenses, flight, and dining.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Too bad 3 times the face value won't cover hotel expenses, flight, and dining.
                  You mean to tell me if you bought two $800 seats, and the NFL refunded you $4800, that wouldn't cover your hotel, your flight, and your food?

Math isn't your strong suit, is it?

Comment

You mean to tell me if you bought two $800 seats, and the NFL refunded you $4800, that wouldn't cover your hotel, your flight, and your food?

Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
                    Did you see the prices of hotels, parking, and any other oddball thing people ended up having to pay.

Not to mention the loss of at least one work day more than likely.

Comment

Did you see the prices of hotels, parking, and any other oddball thing people ended up having to pay.

Not to mention the loss of at least one work day more than likely.
                      The parking I know of (Badacious BBQ) was $100 to park, $200 to park and tailgate.

I don't know what the cost of a hotel was. I'd assume a nonshithole but not the most expensive was around an average of $400/night.

$800 hotel (being generous with two nights)
                      $200 to park and tailgate
                      $1600 tickets
                      $500 food (that's being EXTREMELY generous)
                      comes out to $3100. They are still coming out ahead. I can almost assure you, the people buying $800 seats were not here all week for the parties, events, media day, etc.

Comment

The parking I know of (Badacious BBQ) was $100 to park, $200 to park and tailgate.

I don't know what the cost of a hotel was. I'd assume a nonshithole but not the most expensive was around an average of $400/night.

$1600 tickets
                        comes out to $3100. They are still coming out ahead. I can almost assure you, the people buying $800 seats were not here all week for the parties, events, media day, etc.
                        So do you think $1700 is worth your time? Getting ready weeks in advance. Flying across the country. Staying in a city you know nothing about. Dealing with crappy weather. Getting all of your expectations and excitement crushed by some NFL dupe telling you you have no seat.

To some, it is, and to others, hell fucking no. I would stay home. That is like receiving a nice long bj and then the girl getting up and leaving right as you were about to be done.

I did here they are going to send those 400 folks to the next super bowl. That is fine I suppose. But it is very likely their favorite team won't be in the next super bowl. So there is no emotional investment.
                        Last edited by mstng86; 02-07-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

$1600 tickets
                          Don't forget to factor in airfare at possibly $900 (for 2) and maybe $250 for a rental car for 3 days.

Don't get me wrong, I think the people still made some money on the deal and got taken care of in good form.
                          Last edited by AdamLX; 02-07-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

So do you think $1700 is worth your time? Getting ready weeks in advance. Flying across the country. Staying in a city you know nothing about. Dealing with crappy weather. Getting all of your expectations and excitement crushed by some NFL dupe telling you you have no seat.
                            It would be $1700 more than I had before. So to me, that seems like a hell of a deal. The weather isn't the NFL's fault, why in the hell would they compensate you for it? Fact of the matter is, had they held this SB nearly ANYWHERE else in the country, short of FL, they'd have dealt with the same weather. Damn near the whole country got hit with it.

As for expectations and excitement - Let's not kid ourselves here. You paid $800/seat. Short of the seats out on the lawn, you bought the cheapest fucking ticket in the house. . You knew going in, that it wasn't going to be a good seat. It's not a 50 yard line first row ticket. Yeah, it would suck a little. Having a ticket to the SB and then not being able to go. BUT, they were compensated for it. And chances are, 95% of them made money on it. I'd even bet the NFL has some type of a list to pre sale tickets for next year, to some, if not all of these people. But the blame lies with the NFL, not Jerry Jones like John02Hawk wants everybody to believe.

Comment

I know this is going to blow your mind, but when a facility wins the right to host a Superbowl, control of the facility is granted to the NFL and the Superbowl committee. At this point, the facility is controlled physically and contractually... And NOT Jerry Jones. They do this on purpose to prevent the event being compromised by multiple heads: in a nutshell the Superbowl is run by the NFL and they will run it how they see fit. Hence the rental fee of $1... It is obviously a trivial amount but it represents the stadium owner consenting to the release of control.

Release of control.

Meaning the NFL has complete control.

You being pissed at Jerry Jones for any of this is like being mad at Ford when your wife falls asleep and hits a fire hydrant. Sure, technically it's Fords vehicle since you're leasing it From Ford, but your wife was the operator and control of that vehicle was hers solely.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

It would be $1700 more than I had before. So to me, that seems like a hell of a deal. The weather isn't the NFL's fault, why in the hell would they compensate you for it? Fact of the matter is, had they held this SB nearly ANYWHERE else in the country, short of FL, they'd have dealt with the same weather. Damn near the whole country got hit with it.

As for expectations and excitement - Let's not kid ourselves here. You paid $800/seat. Short of the seats out on the lawn, you bought the cheapest fucking ticket in the house. . You knew going in, that it wasn't going to be a good seat. It's not a 50 yard line first row ticket. Yeah, it would suck a little. Having a ticket to the SB and then not being able to go. BUT, they were compensated for it. And chances are, 95% of them made money on it. I'd even bet the NFL has some type of a list to pre sale tickets for next year, to some, if not all of these people. But the blame lies with the NFL, not Jerry Jones like John02Hawk wants everybody to believe.
                                See Adams post. They won't make anything. I knew something was missing in your numbers.

Let me get this right. Lets be hypothetical, and remember how big of a Cowboy fan you REALLY are.

Lets say you fly your happy ass to New York in 2014 for the Super Bowl. The Cowboys finally made the Super Bowl, and it is against the Colts. You are emotionally invested and time has been spent on all your planning. You have the hotel room, rent car, and your whole weekend planned out. You get there, have a great time all the way up until you walk to your seat. Some big black dude tells you your seat isn't there anymore and you can't stay.

You mean to tell me you wouldn't be livid as fuck? Come on Brent, we all know your response. There would have to be a ridiculous amount of ass kissing and money to make you feel better about the situation.

I agree on the Jerry Jones comment. He had nothing to do with any of this BS. Except maybe the push for an attendance record.
                                Last edited by mstng86; 02-07-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X