sorry jerry jones, you missed the all-time attendance record by 766 people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    You mean to tell me you wouldn't be livid as fuck? Come on Brent, we all know your response.
    I did forget airfare - my bad. Cars aren't really necessary, so I didn't include that.

Yeah, I'd be pissed. But if I came out ahead, I came out ahead. I'd certainly know where to place the blame though... And if I went to the SB to see the Cowboys, I wouldn't be sitting in the cheapest seat in the house, either.

They oversold the event. It happens every freaking day. Airlines, etc.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I did forget airfare - my bad. Cars aren't really necessary, so I didn't include that.

Yeah, I'd be pissed. But if I came out ahead, I came out ahead. I'd certainly know where to place the blame though... And if I went to the SB to see the Cowboys, I wouldn't be sitting in the cheapest seat in the house, either.

They oversold the event. It happens every freaking day. Airlines, etc.

Did they ever mention if these tickets were actually purchased at face value ($800) or were they mostly purchased for 2x/3x the face value. I didn't watch much of the reports, but I thought I overheard this was the complaint most people had was that they were being reimbursed a 3X what the face value was, but that's what they actually paid for them anyways so they still lost out on the travel expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
        Did they ever mention if these tickets were actually purchased at face value ($800) or were they mostly purchased for 2x/3x the face value. I didn't watch much of the reports, but I thought I overheard this was the complaint most people had was that they were being reimbursed a 3X what the face value was, but that's what they actually paid for them anyways so they still lost out on the travel expenses.
        A temporary seating section that has yet to be installed in Cowboys Stadium has resulted in denied access for ticketed fans.

Many of the rejected fans said they were skeptical of an unofficial refund letter given to them at the gate. They also were opposed to watching the game in a hospitality area.

Phil McCollough of Orlando, Fla., thought he would be attending his 13th Super Bowl. He paid $1,700 for his ticket.

“I could have been home playing with my grandchildren instead of this,” McCollough said. “The stadium looks great, but right now it is my least favorite in America.”

Others said they had paid up to $3,000 for their seats and were not happy about the NFL’s offer to give them three times the amount in a refund.

“What about our travel and hotel expenses,” one man shouted.
        Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I don't know why the NFL should be on the hook if they were bought at 4 times face value from a broker or scalper. That's really none of their concern. Just like if you bought a ticket from a scalper, that turned out to be fake. You'd be SOL.

Comment

I don't know why the NFL should be on the hook if they were bought at 4 times face value from a broker or scalper. That's really none of their concern. Just like if you bought a ticket from a scalper, that turned out to be fake. You'd be SOL.

I agree with you, the NFL shouldn't be on the hook for anything above face value. I'm just mentioning that if the NFL is doing a good deed by refunding 3X the face value, if may come out that all of these tickets were purchsed at 2x/3x face value from brokers who could have possibly bought most of them up when they were released. (Brokers gouging people is a whole other topic)

Comment

I agree with you, the NFL shouldn't be on the hook for anything above face value. I'm just mentioning that if the NFL is doing a good deed by refunding 3X the face value, if may come out that all of these tickets were purchsed at 2x/3x face value from brokers who could have possibly bought most of them up when they were released. (Brokers gouging people is a whole other topic)
              Yeah, brokers piss me off. It's because of them real fans can't really afford events like this anymore. And it's not just the SB, either. Any playoff situation, in any sport.

Comment

There certainly are a great many people in here who are assuming they know more than the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                  There certainly are a great many people in here who are assuming they know more than the next guy.
                  The FACTS are out there for anyone who wants to know what they are. Some choose to ignore them, and go with blind hate. Nothing new, really.

Comment

lol at the grammar police

Answer this do you really think Jerry did nothing? Let me rephrase do you think the man who is the owner and general manager of the Cowboys and the 650 million dollar stadium sat back and did nothing? Hes' a buisness man who didnt get the position he is in now by sitting back and doing nothing.

why is the NFL refunding the money because the nfl is the ones that accepted the money.

Why seats werent ready INSIDE THE STADIUM is Jerry and the NFL. Who do you think gave the the ok to build the extra seating? Jerry and the NFL. doesnt matter what said in the media because thats all PR

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post

Answer this do you really think Jerry did nothing? Let me rephrase do you think the man who is the owner and general manager of the Cowboys and the 650 million dollar stadium sat back and did nothing? Hes' a buisness man who didnt get the position he is in now by sitting back and doing nothing.

why is the NFL refunding the money because the nfl is the ones that accepted the money.

Why seats werent ready INSIDE THE STADIUM is Jerry and the NFL. Who do you think gave the the ok to build the extra seating? Jerry and the NFL. doesnt matter what said in the media because thats all PR
                      You lost me at LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post

I can't stand reading your stupidity, it was the NFL who gave the greenlight to have those seats put in. Jerry pushed to fill the stadium way beyond capacity and the NFL seemed agree with him. It's the NFL's fault for not getting those seats prepared in time. Jerry just leased the stadium. He had nothing to do with prepping the superbowl.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                          I can't stand reading your stupidity, it was the NFL who gave the greenlight to have those seats put in. Jerry pushed to fill the stadium way beyond capacity and the NFL seemed agree with him. It's the NFL's fault for not getting those seats prepared in time. Jerry just leased the stadium. He had nothing to do with prepping the superbowl.
                          His head and opinion are too thick to talk any sense of reason in to him. You're wasting your time.

He believes something to be true, regardless of the FACTS that are out there, that's his own problem. Nothing anyone else says, including Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell will change his mind.

Comment

i heard jerry installed 1 section himself and roger did the other.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

The word on the streets is that a LOT of the folks who were turned away went out and scalped those useless tickets in the parking lot before the word spread. How fucked up is that? Get screwed by the NFL and push the screwing onto some stranger?

Anyway, I agree it's a fucked up deal. 3x the face value just isn't good enough. The NFL needs to go above and beyond to make it right, IMO.

Comment

The parking I know of (Badacious BBQ) was $100 to park, $200 to park and tailgate.

I don't know what the cost of a hotel was. I'd assume a nonshithole but not the most expensive was around an average of $400/night.

$800 hotel (being generous with two nights)
                                $200 to park and tailgate
                                $1600 tickets
                                $500 food (that's being EXTREMELY generous)
                                comes out to $3100. They are still coming out ahead. I can almost assure you, the people buying $800 seats were not here all week for the parties, events, media day, etc.
                                The only thing I can add to this is that a lot of hotels had 3 or 4 day minimums. The whole thing was a mess and the weather was just the icing on top!
                                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                                George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X