why so dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why so dead?

why is this place so dead after 7pm?? on the old site there would be numerous threads that would keep going into the wee hours of the night. not on here though. i haz post.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

duermete guey
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
      duermete guey
      im about to culero.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

no llores, vamos a jugar poker
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

The old folks need there sleep.

Comment

The 'haz' craze has been cancelled.

Comment

I've notice it has slowed down here as well.

People are busy, and thats all there is to it.

Comment

People only post at work?
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  People only post at work?
                  This.

It's not the same site anymore whether people want to admit it or not. It's just something to pass the time for most people for a few laughs and the wannabe internet superstars. It's not the small, close community it once was anymore which I miss very much.

Comment

Go check out the old site to see how alive it is... don't worry, we'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      This.

It's not the same site anymore whether people want to admit it or not. It's just something to pass the time for most people for a few laughs and the wannabe internet superstars. It's not the small, close community it once was anymore which I miss very much.

did you just "start"?

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        did you just "start"?

god bless.
                        Not at all. Just stating my opinion. It's not as much of a car hobby board now as it once was. We used to do car shows, GTG's, cruises and FFW's as a group (of course it was much smaller then and everyone knew eachother).

The drama that happened among the group had alot of inside jokes/comments in them that would seem drastic to outsiders that were pouring in and they wanted to "fit in" so they started doing the same shit without knowing anyone. Now thats what the board has come to be about, just talking shit and hardly any group car stuff at all.

I realize that everyone has gotten older and priorities have changed for everyone, myself included, but I still have my hobby cars as do many others.

As I said, the Friday night meet will be back this Spring and it will be alot of fun like always. I encourage anyone still active in the hobby to come on out and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Not at all. Just stating my opinion. It's not as much of a car hobby board now as it once was. We used to do car shows, GTG's, cruises and FFW's as a group (of course it was much smaller then and everyone knew eachother).

The drama that happened among the group had alot of inside jokes/comments in them that would seem drastic to outsiders that were pouring in and they wanted to "fit in" so they started doing the same shit without knowing anyone. Now thats what the board has come to be about, just talking shit and hardly any group car stuff at all.

I realize that everyone has gotten older and priorities have changed for everyone, myself included, but I still have my hobby cars as do many others.

As I said, the Friday night meet will be back this Spring and it will be alot of fun like always. I encourage anyone still active in the hobby to come on out and enjoy it.
                          i am all in on the meet! i am talking with one of christians buddys to get some PDR done, trying to decide on some different wheels (fr500, saleens, or 18inch deep dish cobra r's something in chrome), and going to try to find someone to fab up a car seat safe rear seat delete for the 94 vert. the carseat sits too high for my liking, and the upcoming roll bar.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Steve is right, though this board is a bit more calm and I like it.

I'll probably end up rolling to some of the GTGs on the bike, but once the truck sells i'll be car shopping.

Looking to buy a fun cash car <=10k, so a nice fox or fbody are in the mix. I'd like to be back into a fun street car, but damn the mods add up quickly. We all know it's a disease too... I can't leave shit alone and just be happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              i am all in on the meet! i am talking with one of christians buddys to get some PDR done, trying to decide on some different wheels (fr500, saleens, or 18inch deep dish cobra r's something in chrome), and going to try to find someone to fab up a car seat safe rear seat delete for the 94 vert. the carseat sits too high for my liking, and the upcoming roll bar.

god bless.
                              Badass! I beleive Late Model has some drop down type brackets of some sort. I saw them once on SVTP, I'll see if I can find you the link.

I hope to have all the issues worked out on the Cobra soon. I've redone SO MUCH shit on the car it's crazy and still going on it. I'm really looking forward to this Spring and doing some serious cruising.

I've got a group of buddies on SVTP that we're planning to do a countryroad cruise when the weather improves, you're welcome to come along if you like. Nothing more fun than a group of hot rods cruising together through the countryside!

Comment

Working...
                              X